Where shall I go this time? My current spectacles are from Eyechamp. Those more desirable frames are invariably branded-only and cheaper ones look like shit. Well, if the frames are really nice, I would pay for them, but the problem with those branded frames is that most of the time, they don't fit my flat nose and broad face. Like my current Levi, it's actually a bit tight and can't stop slides down easily. If I push it higher, it sits too high. Due to the slight tightness, I get a headache from wearing it for the whole day. Plastic nerdy frames are in fashion, but it's very likely plastic frames don't come with nose pads. I'm sure it exists, if I look hard enough, but maybe you should know by now that I'm a very lazy Sotong.
Like most other shops. And after adding things like multi-coating and getting transitions, my current pair came up to over $400?!?! I didn't even opt for high-index lenses due to my low power. But with so many bespectacled people in Singapore, we are perfect milkcows as long as nobody spoils the market. My spectacles works out to be $12/month and I am already finding it exorbitant. No wonder lasik can be considered a money-saving procedure.
I firmly believe I should not have to pay so much for my spectacles. Recently, I have seen my friend liking Owndays on Facebook. Friends who don't anyhow like trashy things, so this caught my attention. What's great is that I can view their collection online. They have plastic frames with nose pads!!! I'm VERY interested now.
I checked out a random outlet to try out their frames. Hey, the frames are pleasantly-light. I was delighted at the observation that their nose pads positioned higher than normal. Fits my huge face too. Finally, something made for Asians!
Owndays' selling points are their simple All-In-One Price with high-index lenses and coatings thrown in and same-day collection promise. Reviews seems ok from the internet. Some people say their goods are of inferior quality, but I figured even if it were true, it might still work for me since I seldom use my spectacles. Just $100 more for transitions! No more same-day collection though. Ok lah still cheap.
25/7
I headed to Ownday's outlet at ION Orchard. Looked around randomly and finally accepted the friendly staff's offer of assistance. She recommended a blue frame.
DESCRIPTION
The best to suit for different face shapes and recommended as one of the fashion items.
SPECIFICATIONS
BRAND: OWNDAYS
P/No.: ON2020 C5
MATERIAL: Resin
PRICES: $118.00
SIZE: 53□17-143○34※Sizing
COLOR: Navy
I have had blue frames before, so I wanted a different color if possible. After trying other colors, blue still seemed more suitable. The staff thought so too. Stuck with blue then.
She led me to the back for an eye test. Space was a bit tight, but she was very helpful in moving stuff to make space for me. She was surprised that my spectacles are 3 years old, given its still-good condition. Just slight changes in my power, -0.25 each eye to -1.75. What's new is that I now have some astigmatism in my left eye. Hmm? Is it due to my eyelashes?
I had to move to another area for lens fitting. Got help with making space again. Frankly, I think people who cannot stand or do not have able assistants, will not be able to patronize most opticians.
Since I wanted transitions, I could only pick up my spectacles 1 week later. Upon hearing that I wouldn't be collecting personally, the staff adjusted my frames on the spot. That's the benefit of having ready stock!
Today, Brother collected my spectacles.
![]() |
| What a huge bag for a normal-sized spectacles box! |
I tried my new spectacles. Rolled my eyes to the sides. Zero distortion! You know, my Levi got distortion one lor. Don't know if technology sucked 3 years ago or they gave me bad quality lenses lah. My new ones are super comfy lah! No more subconcious wrinkling of my nose to keep my spectacles up!
$218 well-spent! Half-price from my previous set! Say NO to silly branded frames that do not fit my needs and traditional shops with opaque pricing!
Had to go back to ask for a receipt because apparently, the one I was given wasn't a receipt.

No comments:
Post a Comment