14/3
Upon the announcement of 7 August as a public holiday for the SG50 Public Holiday and a Jubilee Weekend, I thought that would be a good opportunity for the KL leg of Brother and X's wedding. There would be time for us to sashay there and back, and even time for some sightseeing. Afterall, I have not been to KL for at least more than a decade. We will miss the Jubilee celebrations, but it's not like I will be participating in anything.
15/3
The rest didn't have any objections too, so I went ahead to book the flights. The prices were climbing very quickly! We bought Jetstar for $122.38 each. So expensive! No checked baggage, pack wisely! I indicated that I required wheelchair assistance during booking. This feature gave me a peace of mind, but you never know if they actually pay any attention to it.
Nearer the trip, we added 1 checked baggage for each way. The rates are worse than buying at the same time as when you booked the tickets. Noticed the rates are different for the weight required.
I didn't expect 25kg to be the most worth it. I thought usually, the more you buy, the better the rate? No choice, get 2 * 25kg then.
13/7
Changes to the flight! We will be using KLIA2 instead of KLIA. We can't get through a flight without some kind of change, is it?
Ok, hope that does not spell more inconvenience.
7/8
The flight was 12.50pm, but of course we were gonna be the first to check-in to snag the best seats! We informed the lady at the check-in counter that I required a wheelchair. She checked-in my wheelchair and I transferred to an airport manual wheelchair.
Mission: Buy duty-free booze. The cashier thought X was still underaged! She said to her "小孩子不可以买!" HAHAHA!
Our items were packed into special DFS bags. Afraid of being taxed for them at KL, we did another round of packing to conceal them.
Then we went around shopping and playing lucky draw games, while Mother went straight to the gate.
After the security check before boarding, we realized there was no aisle wheelchair! A staff called the person at the check-in counter to ask, and told us it's because we merely requested a wheelchair, which was what we got at check-in. Seriously... that woman at the counter... or should I say Jetstar? Or Changi? They STILL don't have SOP for this? If you need a wheelchair, then probably, you will need an aisle wheelchair as well?!
Staff tried to page for an aisle wheelchair, but it was too late. Since we got 2nd row seats, Brother decided to just carry me in.
The flight was delayed a little. I was amazed at the number of people needing the loo during such a short flight.
After landing, we were rolling on the tarmac for the longest time. Were we being driven to KLIA2 on a plane?
Can't remember if I got an aisle wheelchair for disembarking, but I think Brother probably just carried me out. I think my wheelchair was waiting at the plane door.
10/8
The flight was 11.20am. We checked in early and got front row seats again *V* Can't remember, but I think we forewent the aisle wheelchair.
No comments:
Post a Comment