Snagged ourselves the perfect place on Airbnb!
- 3 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms (!!!) where at least 1 is accessible and has leg space
- Central location
- Kitchen
- Washing machine
- Lift
- $37.61/pax/night (!!!!)
10, Changkat Raja Chulan
Google Map
Heeheehee so proud of myself!
Mother was so thrilled with it that she wanted to host relatives (ok), and asked me to ask for KTV as "all condos have KTV" (since when???) and even wanted to let people sleep over (NO).
The host, Kee, was incredibly responsive and accommodating. Just check out my demands below :P
Hi,
We are a family of 6 adults. I find your apartment very lovely, but as my sister is in a wheelchair, I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with.
- Is there a drop-off point? Is it wheelchair accessible from the dropoff point to the apartment?
- Are you able to show photos of the bathrooms, showing the door and the layout of the bathroom? This will help me to gauge whether it is possible for me to assist my sister to the bathroom.
- Can I know the name of the apartment?
Thanks!
Hi, thanks for the enquiry. Yes, you can access the lower ground floors are connected to the lifts. I will take some pictures and measurements when i go there this few days. The name of the apartment is called Downtown condominium, on changkat raja chulan. Please let me know if you need any further assistance and have a nice day.
Hi Kee,
Thank you for being so accommodating.
- Do you happen to have a plastic/wooden chair for sitting on during showering?
- Are pillows, blankets and towels provided for all 6 people?
- Is there a hair-dryer?
- Is there air-conditioning in all the rooms? Is it individually-controlled?
- Are the facilities like swimming pool 24-hrs accessible?
Sorry if the questions sound silly, just want to make sure :)
Thanks!
Its no problem, glad to help. Yes we will provide a plastic chair with back rest for you to use in the bathroom. We will provide pillows, blankets, towels, and hair dryer. And yes, individually controlled airconditioning in all rooms except the kitchen. And yes the pool is available all day, gym as well, but for the gym you will need to pick up keys from the guard house.
Please feel free to ask whatever you need to know, or if there's anything else we can help with to make your stay more comfortable.
Sounds wonderful. Looking forward to your pictures. Thank you very much!
Most welcome. Not sure how to send pictures through here. Can you drop me an email at greenugly at geemail. I will send you the pictures there
Hi Kee, forgot to tell you that I have sent you an email last night. Hope you have received it.
Hi, yea i see it.. will send you the pictures and measurements tmrw when my guests check out.
Hi Kee, sure thanks. Just photos of the bathroom and measurements of the width of the door and shower area door will do. Thanks for being so helpful.
6/4
Hi, thanks for the booking. See you soon..
![]() |
| Common bathroom for my and parents' rooms |
![]() |
| Bathroom measurements |
1 week more to trip, but our host has not sent us any check-in details. Shall send a friendly reminder.
Hi Kee, Thank you very much for providing those photos. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay. See you.
Hi Kee,
We will be coming over next week. Can you please provide check-in and check-out information?
We will arrive at KLIA2 at 2pm, so I think we will arrive at your place at about 4pm. Do you know if the Raja Chulan station has a lift? Is the station suitable for wheelchair? Otherwise, we might have to consider taking a cab from KL Sentral, or even the airport.
Do you provide shower soap?
Remember my shower chair! :)
Thank you!
Sorry, will reply you by tonight
Hi, Raja chulan station should have a lift, but the express rail into the city costs 35RM per pax, so with 6 pax i think its more cost efficient if you just take a cab here. One budget cab costs 80RM, for six pax you'll need two, but will save a lot of walking. Yes we do provide shower soap and shampoo, and yup, we got your chair. Four pm i should still be at work, but I'll arrange for my partner,Chantelle, or the security guard to pass you the keys. Will send additional check in info and food recommendations to your email. Please let me know if there's anything else you will need to know for your trip..
Hi Kee, thanks for the info! Now cab definitely looks like the best option.
Is it ok if I my friends come over for a visit in the day? Are they allowed to park in the condo?
Hi sure they are most welcome, we can provide car park for them, just let me know a day before so i can arrange it
Hi Kee, actually I think it may be difficult to confirm how many cars to expect. I think there won't be a lot, probably less than 5. Will there be any difficulty? Please let me know if any.
Also can I check if you have sent the additional info to my email? If you have, let me know when you sent it, maybe I missed it. Thanks.
Hi, sure, shouldn't be a problem.. can i have your email address please? Sometimes the Airbnb proxy doesn't work as well
No problem! (EMAIL HIDDEN)
My business partner, Chantelle has emailed you. Pls check. Good night.
Hi Kee, Thanks, I got the email.
So when I arrive on Friday, do I go to the guardhouse? What do I say?
What is the checkout procedure?
We have to be at the airport at 9.30am, any idea if the traffic situation will be bad at this time? We will check-out and leave directly for the airport by cab.
Let's say if we need 2hrs to reach the airport, we will be checking out at about 7am.
Hi, yup just go to the guard house and say youre here for unit 5d, they will pass you the keys, its on the fifth floor, on the right. There's free wifi in the lobby if you encounter any hiccups, the guard will help you to enter from b1 as it is more wheelchair accessible from there.
Ooo it's on the 5th storey.
Would you want us to help you book a van to pick you up to and from the airport? It costs 180RM per trip. It takes only an hour to the airport and your time should be alright as you will be moving in the opposite direction to traffic. But i think you will need to arrive more than half an hour in advance to be sure of boarding ..
Hi Kee, thanks for the helpful tips. We haven't decided how we want to get to the airport for our return trip... will ask you if we need help with booking the van!
Just clarifying, I'm referring to the trip from airport to Downtown Condominium on 7 Aug.
Ohh I see. It's fine, we will just get cab from the airport. Thanks for the offer!
Upon arrival at the condo, we had to spend a few minutes conveying our intentions to the security guard. There was a small flight of stairs leading to the lobby. The so-called wheelchair-accessible path was actually the ramp down to the basement carpark. The inclination was not meant for wheelchairs. Not even quite safe for normal people after rain! Brother had to reverse down the ramp. I feared for our lives.
| Entrance |
| Living room and dining area |
Cool! So far, everything has been true to the pictures. Brother inspected the rest of the house. He could only find 2 bedrooms. Eh? There's supposed to be 3. I told him to ask the security guard or the owner, but he wouldn't. What's the use of asking if the room was obviously not there? If he didn't want to ask, we would have to live with it then.
Finally Brother asked. Only then, that idiot security guy showed us to the missing bedroom, saying that he thought we rented 2 rooms only. That was actually the master bedroom, hidden next to the entrance! What a place to position a bedroom! No wonder nobody noticed it.
See? Just ask when in doubt!
| Living room and TV |
| Brother and X's room |
| Their bathroom |
| My room |
| Parents' room |
Found a surprise for me - Kee got me a commode chair!!
OMG! I could tell it's all new. It had no armrests, but I could be more careful. However, the backrest wasn't secured and came off just by lifting the chair from the handles! Not sure if it was a design flaw or it was missing screws. Wow, luckily we discovered it early.
I never imagined to be able to enjoy the convenience of getting wheeled into the shower. It's a pity that the shower screen door opened inwards, so it was difficult to close it once I was inside.
The water heater didn't work well, or Sister didn't know how to operate it. Couldn't get the water to heat up. Argh nevermind, the weather was hot, so it wasn't too bad.
The bath towels were thick and luxurious, until we realized that it was shedding lint -_-
The sink was a bit too small for holding 4 people's stuff.
We found a stash of toilet paper. Good, coz Mother is a toilet paper guzzler.
Sister and I noticed ants on our dresser table. We discovered sweets in some of the drawers. Sweets?? Were they left as a surprise by Kee, or by the previous occupant? We threw the sweets away, but the ants lingered.
Found cookies in the kitchen. Yum yum. There was bottled water in the form of a giant water dispenser. Sister found the kitchen sponge gross.
The Wi-Fi worked well. There was no cable tv. Signal for free-to-air was non-existent. Stuck with old movies on DVD.
Sleep was good. Curtains were blackout.
The rest of the trip was a whirlwind. When it was time to go, Sister received a message.
Hi, all good?
Everything is good. Sorry the late reply. We are leaving for the airport. Thank you for the kind arrangements!!!
Most welcome, hope you enjoyed your stay
Despite the overall positive experience, we will be staying in hotels in the unlikely event that we travel to Malaysia together again. No more apartments.



No comments:
Post a Comment