Saturday, August 08, 2015

KL Trip - Day 2

Today's the reason we were here. It's supposed to be just a dinner, but it still ended up more chaotic than the AD.

Couldn't go out, coz Brother had to accompany X for her hair and makeup. My plan was to stone in the apartment till evening. Mother had other plans for me - she wanted me to spend my afternoon at Aunt's shop because "I should not just stay in". Sure, if I were able to take care of myself, but not when the shop was unsafe and boring?! Again, she has overestimated her Father's ability to take care of me.

So yeah, I stayed back with Sister. Before leaving, Brother dapao some wanton noodles and Thai milk tea. The noodles was bad! Got sauce but still tasteless. The Thai milk tea was TOO SWEET. I got drink Thai milk tea before ok, not so sweet one lor.

I spent my afternoon nursing a newspaper and watching 信约:我们的家园 on Sister's phone. Mediacorp drama got improvement liao!

Parents came back unannounced with guests - our uncles and his wife. Sister and I were inappropriately-dressed! Stunned, we evacuated back to our room. Not before seeing Mother's Indonesian taitai's signature pong hairdo.
Mother's hair was not so long, so just imagine it shorter...
What was that! How did the stylist manage to do that with so little hair? Should I say... impressive?

I guess we got to dress up now. Mother came in to chide us for escaping upon her guests' arrival. Well, can't blame us if she chose to spring a surprise on us? She expected us to be properly dressed since noon to await their grand arrival? How impractical.

Turned out Mother was dissatisfied with her hairdo as well. She wanted to wash it off and redo it herself.

Our door was opened and we caught a whiff of the air quality of the living room.

Somebody has been smoking.

We told Mother to stop him, but Mother said "it is not a big deal". Not a big deal? I never knew she really didn't mind ciggies at all, so much so that she thought all of us should put up with it too. That's ridiculous. We insisted, so Mother outsourced the job to Father, claiming she's busy dressing up.

Father's friendly reminder didn't work, as he moved to the yard instead. The vile smoke was still permeating throughout the house. Mother's sorry excuses don't help. What did she mean that the yard was considered "outside the house"? So what if it were, the place still stinks! And the apartment was non-smoking! All I know is, if you don't put your foot down now, it's never going to stop and the odour is going to linger even after our guests have left. And Mother was going to give up her room to him! Why must we suffer because she is unwilling to discipline her guests? Being a pushover is not a requirement of a great host!

I said we will get him a hotel room.

And so Mother accused Father of not doing what he was told. Father got riled up and shouted at Mother.

And so Mother threatened suicide and to let us proceed with the dinner without her. The beginning of nonsense.

Anyway, we went ahead with the dinner lah. We had a private room, so I guess we went for the RM1198 menu.
There were a few steps leading to the room. Sister had to do some last minute touch-up for the couple in an unoccupied room, so I hid there too. Not good at entertaining guests lah.

3 tables of relatives, with 1/3 whom I did not recognize. Cousin and her family shared our table. Good that they were easy to talk to. The family went to entertain guests while I relac at my seat, glad that very few people dared to encroach on my territory. Must be the DND aura I was emitting.

I got the opportunity to people-watch. People were catching up with one another, but one stood out. Uncle was literally beoing Sister. I watched how he, on the pretext of toasting everybody, always emptying his glass with each toast. He went for the beer first, followed by the wine. He added ice to the wine (eww) and toasted a few chosen ones repeatedly. Poor guests, I wished I could make a public service announcement for interested parties to get their booze served NOW. If not for the beer that Aunt topped up, we would have been dry by the first hour. And when the wines finally ran dry, he attacked the cognac.

Would he gulp the cognac, like those gulpable drinks before it?

OMG he did!

I quickly asked for a serving of cognac. We were fast-sailing into the drunkard scene warned by so many. So would anybody stop him, given that it's rude and face-losing to discipline your guests? After the incident this afternoon, I'm pretty sure none of us were going to do anything.

He tried to initiate a drinking match by insulting a relative. Match was on! I wondered if she was serious about it. But Mother intervened. End of drama.

The food was alright. But I have to say that it's really affordable lah. The best part was probably Mother's birthday cake at the end, made by Cousin. And happy that there's people who were not shy to dapao.
Blackforest, I think
Tiramisu, not bad
We got a ride back to our apartment. A whole gang of family were came over for part 2. Finally can go toilet! But I was whisked off to shower as Brother was going to shower too. Sister and I took a really long one, because we were not too keen to have to dress up and entertain guests. So long that we heard people outside wondering where we were XD

When all have left, except for Uncle, who's sleeping over, Sister realized how lucky she was to have her whisky safe in our room. The other BV champagne was Brother's beer were still in the fridge. We could only pray for their safety.
Fireworks from our room again!
O the fireworks must be for the Grand Prix! Waseh got fireworks after every round one ah?

Sleep, sleep.

No comments: