Sunday, August 09, 2015

KL Trip - Day 3

Hi, Chuai Heng Restaurant, we are here again! Yumcha brunch this time! Real yumcha, eating dim sum! After the dinner, Brother realized that it was the same restaurant that he had roast duck with X from a previous trip. He ordered it again. The dim sum was not bad, but the fried noodles were meh. We dapaoed it, but I really don't think we will be eating it.

Sister wanted to visit a cafe in Ampang, so we went there for part 2. After a looong drive, we concluded that it has closed down -.-

Sister recommended a new mall, Publika. The shop mix was more unique and potentially has clean, accessible toilets as it's new. So we drove to the other end of KL...

We had coffee at Planb Roasters in the supermarket while the couple took the opportunity to disappear. Wonder why all so game?? Thought a few of the ladies wouldn't like such coffee.

Father was carrying around some durian that he received from his friend, so the rest decided to help him with it. OMG eat again?? My dim sum haven't digest yet?! These people!! It helped that the mall has an open-air garden where we could enjoy the strong-smelling fruit :)

Then we walked around a bit and spent most of the time in the supermarket, which carried plenty of foreign goods. I bought a small jar of jam.

Dinner was at Pudu Wai Sek Gai (半山芭為食街) aka Glutton Street. I couldn't go take a look as the street was not navigatable for wheelchair - too many seats in the way. Not much appetite ley, ate too much the whole day lah.

The pig organ soup was good. The soup was refillable!

I could only taste dark soy sauce in the fried carrot cake. Fortunately, I like taugeh.

The salted egg char kuey teow was very burnt.

I think we got some fried chicken that were supposedly super popular. Quite bland ley. Maybe I simply wasn't hungry.

Chendol was a disappointment.

In all, I wasn't very impressed. I mean, I wouldn't make a foodies trip for this.

The jam's taste was forgettable.

No comments: