Friday, December 02, 2011

Social Assistance @ The Hope Killer

The social worker was a sweet-looking young lady, E. Upon hearing that the income ceiling for financial assistance was $1200 per capita, I decided not to bother with it.

Obviously a family living on $1200 per capita is already having problems before falling sick. Looks like financial assistance is really reserved for the very poor! The sandwiched class shall then be left to bleed to death on their own.

E provided a contact for recycled mobility aids, Kampung Senang. However, there was no online catalogue. I tried calling the phone number E provided. Hard to get through... and when I did, the person said he didn't have recycled stuff (???). Argh whatever, buy my own lah. Too lazy.

I wondered why everybody seemed silently alarmed that I was adamant about not buying the powered wheelchair. E suggested helping me to apply to a HSBC fund for sponsorship. Since it's a private fund, there is no income restriction.

Ok lor. Help HSBC spend their ill-gotten gains. I filled in my particulars. E would help me fill in the wheelchair model and submit it for me.

I would prefer a hospital bill subsidy instead... or sponsor some of my screws...

No comments: