Wednesday, December 28, 2011

First Therapy SessionS

When was the last time I got up at 6am??

Today was the first day of therapy. Wednesdays were 8am. However, the transport would be here to pick me up at around 6.50am. Why oh why? Brother had to be up too.

The transport was an ambulance-like vehicle fitted with a wheelchair lift so that I didn't need to be transferred. My wheelchair was then secured to the vehicle floor by retractable tiedown straps. Since I didn't have a safety belt, the driver provided me with one - just a loop round my waist and my wheelchair.

And off we went - not directly to our destination, but to pick up another client in Bishan. No wonder need to come out so early, got to 游车河! ZzzZZz...

Reached the centre with time to spare. Why need to come out so early ley? *sulked*

Credit card not accepted for payment. So wasted. Could have been a good points accumulator.

Couldn't remember exactly what I did there. Must be pretty uneventful. The stuff I did must be challenging enough for me to find the session ok and want to continue. At least until I got to attend the appointment at No Use Hospital Rehab department at the end of January next year. So slow lor! I would be damn wasted had I decided on No Use Hospital!

Took the transport home. Reached at around 10am. Wow. Usually I'm not even awake at this time. But I'm not in the habit of going back to bed before the end of the day. Quite stoned.

Not supposed to stone for long. As you can see from the post title, I had another physiotherapy session coming up. This time, at No Use Hospital. Insane? Hope not, as long as they don't leave me too tired.

Took a cab there and reached super early to have lunch. The department - neurological physiotherapy to be precise, was dark. Looks like they close during lunch. A staff walked in and we asked if we could register now, but we were told to come back later. We requested to deposit my TLSO here, which wasn't acceded to immediately, but eventually. She bagged it (it already has a bag) and stuck a note with my name on it. Waa so secure!

The Kopitiam at main building under renovation. Sian the other one must be damn crowded.

Back to the physiotherapy department. The staff were gathered around for some kind of briefing. Spotted a few familiar faces, like Y my OT and A my PT. Saw E the TA, but she was always walking around. A remembered me! So memorable is it? -_-

She helped me into my TLSO and put me on the standing frame. First time! Let's see how it's like!

The back support was a flimsy belt over my bum which didn't feel very secure. I was supposed to do some arm exercise while stoning, but I was too busy hanging on to dear life. Arms super tired lor! Dunno it's arm or leg exercise!

Next was sitting balance. Still as bad as ever.

Arjo time. Still can't sit to stand as usual, but can walk. A bit more difficult liao! 2 months of no walking is bad!!!

Forgot what else I did, but that was about it. Made my next appointment for ONE MONTH LATER. They were unable to see me more frequently. Damn. I was wishing I could come here to walk, but looked like I couldn't use here as my primary rehab.

Paid up and left. Joined the long taxi queue. I thought there was a fare hike recently?! Not working at all!

No comments: