Father came early in the morning to send my stuff home. Then, Brother came here with him to pick me up. I was glad that one of my favourite nurses oversaw my discharge. I returned the unopened bag of diapers, requesting that she made sure that I wasn't billed for it. Hope that she can be trusted...
Bye! I won't miss here!
Grueling ride in the cab again.
While passing by Starbucks, I thought I saw somebody waving from the corner of my eye. O it's Dr EA! *smiles back*
I must be damn recognizable now.
My appointment was at 10.55am. I was supposed to reach earlier to take an X-ray. I didn't intend to, but still managed to reach earlier anyway due to my generous time buffer.
As expected, it was a long wait for my turn to take the X-ray. The radiologist recognized me and also remembered that I was one tricky patient. And I'm even trickier than before now hehe. I had to take an X-ray standing, but I couldn't stand on my own. I think that was why I was always the last patient so as not to keep the rest waiting.
The team started calling up people to come down and help. It's lunchtime now, so a few came.
While waiting, I was given a questionnaire about my life after surgery. A long questionnaire, in fact. It also secretly tests your reading skills as there are a few scales on which I was supposed to mark using a dot or vertical line, depending on the instruction. 同样是scale, why must mark in different ways?
Why did I sound worse off than before?
Despite having more helpers than the time I was still admitted, they couldn't reproduce what the previous group achieved. Too many cooks spoil the broth. And they weren't listening to me. But having deteriorated since 2 months ago probably contributed.
No choice, abort. The radiologist called Dr L for directions. Take it lying down. Poses like bending forward and backward while lying on my side. Worried about falling over... and painful lying on my boney shoulder! Not too happy about the "helper" who anyhow touch!! *peeved*
After the X-ray, they couldn't put the TLSO back on me properly. So I went without it. Hope I'll be fine.
Had lunch at Kopitiam. Couldn't recall what I had, but I'm pretty sure it was yum because I could eat without the TLSO haha.
Looong wait to see Dr L. Thought his door looked sort of different. Assistant Professor? Wow did he get a promotion or something? Or just that I never noticed?
When I went inside the consultation room, another familiar face greeted me. It's my junior, Y! So my eyes were not playing tricks on me while I was admitted. She remembered me too. I thought I wasn't so memorable, hah.
Awkward.
Dr L popped in from the room next door. Upon seeing me, he exclaimed, "I was wondering what happened to you! I have not seen you after so long!"
Well, you should ask those guys! I was given the appointment only upon discharge!
Of course I just gave the watered-down version of "They gave me the appointment for today what."
He commented that the X-rays looked good. Said I was healing well.
Is it? Great! Btw, it's possible to tell from the X-ray?
He took photos of me with his *upgraded* mobile phone - iPhone now!
He noticed that I wasn't wearing the TLSO. Yep, so far so good.
It seemed that I could really sit without the TLSO! Totally inspired to not use it anymore!
Dr L was like, ok, as long as if you feel comfortable. Use it immediately if you don't.
I felt cheated already.
Any questions? Yeah, I'm NOT happy about my face lah! So he prescribed a cream. Centella Asiatica Ext 1% Oint 10g, $8.60. The same one that I got while admitted. Non-formulary, retail item, so no subsidy.
Rehab plans? He said that the rehab doctor has written that I was "uninterested in rehabilitation"! WTF! Hello! The Hope Killer has helped me to apply for outpatient therapy and I am waiting for the outcome. Also waiting for the physiotherapy department here to give me an appointment. No plan as of now. Ask those guys to hurry up lah!
He looked dismayed.
Dr L: Since you are already here, you might as well get some exercise!
I wasn't quite sure if what he was about to do, was possible. Does anybody actually order physiotherapy service for the same day? Surely he must be aware that the department is so busy that's it's always a long wait for an appointment? Like how I haven't gotten my promised rehab appointment? How could they possibly entertain me today?
With question marks mushrooming all over my head, I waited at the clinic reception for my next move. Indeed, I was told to proceed to the physiotherapy department...
Which I did. The physiotherapy department receptionist looked at the order with furrowed eyebrows, muttering, "Physiotherapy today..." And I was asked to wait. See lah nobody does that one lah!!
After a longgggg wait, they finally managed to squeeze a guy out to see me. An Indian physiotherapist (again). He taught Father some bed exercise. Ok! Can 交差 already! I was told that I could go home.
I left happily, completely forgot about the bill. Runaway patient!! Nah just wait for them to mail me.
The ride home was far less agonizing without the TLSO. Really, the sole purpose of that thing was just to torment me. Look, I'm still fine without it!
It was a rainy evening. I never appreciated the sheltered drop-off point at my void deck more.
Finally baaaacccckkkkkk!!! Time flies.
New ramp outside the house! New bed! Partially-flattened bathroom doorstep! (Because Mother was complaining about the dirt before Father was done, he wrapped up quickly.)
And my chair is da best. So encouraged to sit up now, that I could sayang my computer forever. Still comfortable without the TLSO. Rejoice! Realized that sitting-balance was harder in my chair than before. Practice more.
Checked out my discharge medication from No Use Hospital. WTF lactulose and dulcolax?? Why the hell did I get prescribed these crap when I hadn't used them for most of my stay? I would have returned them if I had known! Cheat! Now what was I to do with them?
Lesson learned - Always check your medications before leaving, even if you don't have time.
I got the interim bill from The Hope Killer Hospital, but I shall comment on it only when I get the final bill.
So glad to be back with my own bed. Fortunately, my Tempur memory foam pillow didn't make me uncomfortable - I was worried that it would, because I wasn't able to use a proper pillow while in hospital. Heng ah! I will be shattered if I had to retire it so soon!
New memory foam mattress. Softer than expected, but definitely firmer than those damned hospital mattresses. *happy*
And my bolster *hugzzz*
Best of all, NO DERANGED SHOUTING PATIENTS!!

No comments:
Post a Comment