As usual, I ate only the breakfast out of the 3 provided meals. Breakfast here was more varied.
Special mention - I was impressed that they actually served nasi lemak! Not unhealthy meh? Unfortunately, luncheon meat wasn't included. The egg was also fully-cooked :( But I still love the egg because illegal stuff tastes the best! The ikan bilis were not bad. Not so into fried chicken, but that wasn't too bad. I didn't try the chilli.
Look, there's steamed carrot cake (just the cake) and chwee kueh too!
Really appreciate the attempt.
Beverages: Milo with milk, Mc-standard coffee and tea with or without milk and sugar. Took milo almost all of the times, for washing down my calcium pill.
Lunch
Father actually said the food was not bad. There was a weekly special of chicken rice, with special packet chilli provided. However, I didn't taste it because the rice was not oily enough to be tempting :P
Still eating home-cooked food as usual. Occasionally, Father brought me treats like Hong Heng Beef Noodles (slurp!)
Tea
Tea time was at 3pm. Butter bread with beverage. I had bak kwa :D Almost forgot that pork wasn't allowed. Trying to be discreet about it...
But here's a photo of a standard tea menu because the nurse didn't hear me say no to the bread.
Dinner
Dinner was super early, about 6pm and even 5pm on weekends. I think because the cooks wanted to go home already!
My parents usually came only at 7.30pm. Sian ley, got to keep telling the nurses not to take my food away. Sometimes, they were nice enough to keep it in the warmer for me. Father wasn't allowed to use the microwave on his own as that was a staff-only area. That's too bad, just wanted to DIY wherever we could.
Father would go off with the hospital dinner to the
Supper
Served at 8pm, when I was just done with my dinner. Milo, biscuit/bread (not toasted) was the only menu. I always took the biscuit so that Mother could dapao them :P
Water
Mother was very bothered by the water jug provided - it didn't have a spout cap. Dust and germs were bound to settle on the spout, meaning I would be ingesting them in my next drink. She was right, but I couldn't possibly request the nurse to clean the spout before pouring me a drink EVERYTIME? I'm gonna get condemned!
Mother's solution was to use our own bottle with a cap. She could also mix her holy water inside -_- Now I just had to ask the nurse to get the water from that bottle instead, which I guess was less irritating, although that probably made me seem weird. One of them guessed "拜拜水?" That wasn't the primary objective, but I said yes anyway.
Supplements
If you were deemed to be under-nutritioned, the doctors will prescribe Ensure.
Nope, they are not going to make you the drink from a giant tin. You get your own single-serving cans so the staff can just take from your cabinet, pull the ring, stick a straw in and pass it to you. And you get billed for those cans. Checked dnrwheels, it was $2 per can. EXPENSIVE LOR.
So, eat up.
Randoms
Disposable bibs were provided for every meal.
This thing is really wonderful. It has a neck tie, waterproof back and a crumb-catching pocket. When you are done, just rip it off. Say goodbye to paper towels that get soaked through and keep falling out! Why didn't No Use Hospital provide this?
~~
A nurse went around asking if we have not returned a spoon. Gosh so much effort to locate a missing spoon! Is it not more cost-effective to buy a new one?
It was found. Lucky nurse.
~~
The PT told me that canteen closed down in the end of October, right before I came. Aww. But nobody missed it because the food wasn't great.





No comments:
Post a Comment