30 October 2011
The fire alarm rang and not long after, I heard the aircon had broken down at 11am. I was ok with that for a while, until the staff opened the windows which led to the influx of the mid-day heat. Hot~
It's Sunday. Could anything be done?
We made do with the natural ventilation. I could cope as long as I minimized movement, but my roommates and Brother were melting. The mummies who was off-duty came, even though there was nothing much they could do.
In the evening, cool respite finally arrived in the form of fans. Newly-purchased. Glad the hospital still had our welfare at heart! Each room was allotted 2 fans. One fan had a really short cable, making it difficult to position strategically. The fat Hospital PR lady was sort of hinting that the fan should be dedicated to her! For the room's benefit, as well as my own, my tablet had to give up its supper tonight. That's for bringing power point extension everywhere I go. But the Hospital PR lady was almost shamelessly using the opportunity to bring the fan even closer to her. Annoying!
Hold on, tablet, hold on.
31 October 2011
Aircon got fixed! I was just getting worried about having to walk without aircon. What were they going to do with the fans after today?
3 November 2011
Just 3 days later, the aircon broke down again. Great. The fans proved useful again. The Hospital PR lady went out for air. Yeah, please don't come back, the fan wasn't enough for you.
After the aircon was fixed, the Hospital PR lady still complained of stuffiness. The rest of the room was fine with turning off the fans, which she saw as a golden opportunity to blast one of the fans at her and her only! Come on, the temperature was like back to normal already, stop imagining things! And people wanted to keep the fans liao! And the wind was reflecting off the walls onto me.
Guess the room was too hot for her normally. Last night, she requested the nurse to turn up the aircon although it was bloody cold. I had to draw the curtains to block the cold air. Which was quite a good idea actually, as it blocked out the light also.
At long last, the confirmation to move to The Hope Killer Hospital tomorrow. I didn't understand how the doctor could not know the cost of staying there and why he couldn't find out for me. All he said was to check their website, which I already did. I didn't know if I was going to get subsidy, which resulted in a wide cost range. What if I ended up paying more?
All I could be sure was that it was going to be more convenient for my family. O well.
Ah, need to draw blood again. The first attempt failed, as usual, so they sent in the expert - the Chinese mummy. Impressed at how she managed to fill the syringe from my arm and not some funny spot, leaving just a small bruise.
Were things falling apart here? First the door, now the aircon! Glad I'm getting out soon!
Phone and tablet went home tonight in case they got lost in transit. So lonely.
No comments:
Post a Comment