Sunday, November 06, 2011

Tour of the Premises

Sunday! Brother is here again. Put on my TLSO and off for a tour of the hospital.

First, right at the entrance of my ward was the "Reminiscence Corner", obviously setup with the old folks in mind.
Which was basically a corner holding old stuff. The most attractive thing there must have been the tv.

This building sure has a lot of lifts. And large carpark considering there's HDB carpark right across the road. Pity the next door condo. Prices must be depressed because of the unique view.

When we got to the ground floor area entrance, 2 middle-aged ladies approached us, suggesting that I chant some Buddhist verse whenever I'm in pain. Buddhist street preacher! Never knew they exists. I thanked them, saying that I know about the verse and do chant them while Brother quickly wheeled me away. The astonished preachers were left exclaiming to each other, "She said she chants the verse!" Ooo effective, shall try that next time.

By the way, I'm NOT in pain! *Annoyed*

Passed by the kitchen. Too bad it was all walls. If only I could witness how hospital meals are prepared. Must be entertaining since I only eat 1/3 meals. Any more, it will be shock.

Definitely larger than Way Point Hospital. So many floors and rooms. And more vending machines! Yeo's, Pokka, Jia Jia, fruit juice, yoghurt, freshly cut fruits in sealed cups and hot sandwiches. There was space for a cafeteria, but it looked vacated. Wonder if it just closed down or was going to reopen soon.

Nothing much already. Weather was too hot. Went to the top floor. Aircon ward spotted! That's where their green corner was.

So green, it was the same color as the wall.

Enjoyed aircon on the pretext of watching the hardly-visible goldfish and reading newspapers. Hopefully the staff wouldn't realize that I was a foreign particle. Until we found that my origin was given away in large white print behind my wheelchair.

I'm so done with this place. What would I do next week?

No comments: