Got woken up extra early to bathe because the ambulance would be coming anytime after 9am.
The middle-aged Myanmar nurse shampooed super hard! Luckily she shampooed me only this once throughout my stay, else I would be botak by today! Saying that her hair is thick and black for her age (which I agree), her secret is not to shampoo daily.
:| I tried that before. Wait, in fact, the most recent try was this hospitalization. Obviously not working. Wait till you have a hopelessly oily scalp like mine!
Breakfast was toast with jam instead of oats. No phone today, no photo.
Received my hospitalization MC. 162 days. Hey isn't that 5.4 months only? I thought should be 6 months? Cheat!
Later, my colleague, J, said that it is similar to how maternity leave works. Think it's counted by weeks or something? But 162/7 = 23 only ley. Dunno lah.
Appointment to see Dr L 1 month later. I have been wondering whether they were actually going to give me an appointment to see him during my stay here. More convenient right? But seemed like appointment was upon discharge only. Did it mean I would never get to see him if I had opted to stay here?
Packed my stuff into a garbage bag. The Chinese mummy put my discharge medication in too.
The transport by Hope Ambulance arrived at 9.30am. $40 to be paid at my destination. Snipped my wrist tag, like finally. Bye all! Grateful for everything.
In the ambulance, the guy accompanying me asked if I would like to sit up. Not necessary. I have seen enough of PIE a couple of years back. He said that sometimes he accompanied convicts on their way to hospital for treatment and they hadn't seen the outside world for years. O...
He himself had been seriously injured in a horrific traffic accident. Inspired by the care he received from the healthcare workers, he joined them upon recovery. *Applause*
The familiar roads leading to my workplace, except I wasn't going to work this time.
Arrived at The Hope Killer Hospital. Father was already waiting. $100 deposit to be paid upon admission...
New home for the next one month at least. Disappointed to be led to Ward 1 at level 2, which was unair-conditioned - finally I was getting what I paid for. While being wheeled in, I took a quick glance at the beds. Hand-cranked mostly. A cubicle of B2 beds, and by B2, they mean putting 3 beds in a row instead of 4. Not much difference. New wrist tag. Just a slip of paper slotted into a tag with pocket. It was going to get wet.
My bed was right at the end of the left of the floor, second bed from the window. Far from the corridor and not next to the hot window. And the only motorized bed. Nice.
A middle-aged lady with curly short hair came to orientate me. Tentatively, my stay was 1 month, with the possibility of extending if they think it will benefit, and shortenED if not.
Men and women stay in separate wards. The "wards" are demarcated by a low wall and curtains that do not seal totally. So it's alternating sections of men and women. In other words, the men are like right behind me. So much for "different ward"! Wouldn't it make more sense to segregate by the sides of the floor?
Next up, a seemingly odd question. Did I have any problem holding my urine?
Nope? Good, coz the staff here are very busy and may take some time to respond to my call. Advise to call 30min earlier.
:O
The hospital changes sheets weekly, not daily like in acute hospitals. Hinting that I should keep clean.
There will be 1 PT and 1 OT session daily and rest on weekends.
Questions? Yeah, can I bring my gadgets with me when I go away? She said that I should, as there has been instances of theft.
This place is too open lah, not safe ley.
After she was gone, another middle-aged woman came to talk to me. She asked questions like why I was here, for how long... like over-friendly ley. Not sure if she was a staff or visitor. Weird.
Everybody around me looked like a granny. I'm the youngest patient again.
Greetings reset! Everybody addressed me as madam again. Whatever...
No more hand sanitizer at every bed. The staff didn't sanitize their hands all the time too.
The nurses wore really brightly colored uniforms. Like powder pink. Wonder how the male nurses felt.
Hot! First time out of air-con for prolonged period since 1 month? There's a fan right above my bed though. Not so bad.
The therapists came to do an assessment on me. Sianz ley so fast ask me to do exercise... still wanna slack :P They took me to the gym upstairs. Wow very cold aircon, nice. They have an Arjo too, but it was out of order. They had just requested to get it fixed, but I knew that meant it was not going to get fixed during my stay. We all know how fast things like this get done... damn. Should have checked the facilities before coming here!
We tried using a forearm walker.
Super hard! Basically because it was tough to maintain an upright posture. Damn taxing on my arms and on the PT and TA. Strained my left wrist. Overall, it was inefficient and ineffective.
Called the nurse for the bedpan. She drew the curtains around me as well as the one separating the man opposite me. There were still gaps. Could only hope that nobody would be bian tai and desperate enough to peep. Anyway, it's an old woman 99% of the time right? After I was done, the nurse took a glance at my table and went to take a few sheets of hand wipes from the sink nearby. Uh, she's gonna clean me with that? She said they didn't have wet wipes, so I had to bring my own tissue box if I wanted to be cleaned. She would use hand wipes just this time.
Cost-cutting indeed.
Got Father to bring me a box of tissue paper. I thought I would be needing them only upon return to work. Setup my power extensions.
Mother came with dinner in the evening. She wasn't happy with my bed. She urged me to request for a transfer to a bed next to the window. Huh, don't want lah, later turn dark lor. I still remembered being constantly in the sun during my Sec 1 days. So bloody hot. Never again.
She asked if I would be moving bed any time. No idea? Coz she wanted to stick her talisman to my bed. Whatever. I wouldn't take responsibility should something happen to it.
Hope I get to sleep tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment