Sunday, October 09, 2011

Relac Sunday

Good morning! It's Shampoo Day! The ka cang was different this time - a hard plastic hair washing basin.

Water will drain from the top left, so be sure to have a pail to catch it!

They used that weak shampoo again (gave up on trying to get them to use mine already). My neck ached from the hard plastic soon, but it's all worth it! Now my hair's less oily yayy.

Still early in the morning, so Talkative Granny's was not here yet. As a person with a high daily speech quota, she chatted with Granny. This time, she talked about her family, going into details regarding her daughter-in-law. She didn't understand why her DIL is so vain and spends much money on her hair like dyeing (eh... I find that normal), treatments (ok lah) and hair extensions (wa this is overdoing it), and quoting her, "都不美的". Haha so vain! I look forward to meeting her DIL.

Talkative Granny finally decided to talk to me too. As expected, she asked why I was here. Those ladies thought mine sounded very painful although I felt they had it worse because they groaned so much all the time.

Relac Sunday - no physiotherapy! But I still tried to be a good girl by blowing the incentive spirometer for 5min. I'm faring much better now. When do I need this till?

Granny's visitors dished out health advice again. This time, it was about fruits being too cooling to be eaten raw. Cooking them would be better. Well... maybe, my mother does sometimes too, but you do know that vitamin C will be destroyed in the process right?

Talkative Granny's family came, her DIL among them this time. Her hair looked... weird. Like overdone. Her hair color didn't suit her. Obviously rebonded. I could tell where the hair extensions started. Her hair was really 不美 lor. 人 also 不美.

I checked out the hospital lunch. Hey looked good! It was chicken chop I think, with the delicious mashed potatoes again, just less of it. No cream of XX soup though. Some tasteless, clear soup again. The fruits that required cutting were salted as usual. I wanted to steal a bite of the chicken, but a missing portion was a dead giveaway when Mother examined the food when she arrived. Chicken is on her list of post-trauma banned foods. Brother wasn't here yet, so I couldn't put it on him.

Parents have been going to the staff canteen for lunch, but seemed like Father didn't have to now. He ate the hospital lunch and said it was actually decent. A pity that the it was cold already and there was no microwave oven like HD and that the portion was small, so he still had to go out for part 2.

Talkative Granny started talking to my parents too. Wa really must make friends with the whole room lor.

Brother came to visit me again. Fed me 1 bite of egg tart and also some cold drinks. Egg is illegal too by the way. The ingredients in the cold drinks are totally legal coz it's all artificial! Just not the temperature.

Granny's family brought her dinner - hokkien mee.
Hokkien mee!!

The man said seafood is bad for wounds, so he asked the hawker to leave out the prawns and squid. Hello! You do know that the essence is already in the stock used to cook the noodles, don't you? I think the room will freeze over if I pointed this out. Anyway, damn bad lah they all, now the room smell of hokkien mee *sniff sniff*

From tonight onwards, I decided to keep the tablet with me. Seemed safe here.

After my reading my bedtime stories (read: surf net), there's radio to keep out the noise coz I got my phone's in-box earphones. Sweet dreams.

No comments: