Saturday, October 15, 2011

First Weekend @ The Corner of Singapore

Saturday
The routine was more or less the same. The OT made me wheel myself outside. Into the sun. I must have not been outside for a long time, so the OT gave me the opportunity to get in the sun and also take a look outside. But the Sotong was unappreciative. Disregarding the lack of sunlight exposure, she would rather not risk her facial wounds pigmenting :P So the OT said ok ok we go back. Wahahaha!

The rehab doctors extended my stay to 3 weeks. Fine by me, I think my family and I needed it.

Brother came to spend the afternoon with me. He brought a present - the interim bill dated 10 Oct. Damn telling me to pay up already when I'm still in hospital! Asking for like $13,280! I had not bothered to increase my credit card limits, thinking it was unlikely that I would ever need so much money at a go. I was wrong :( Worse still, I was unsure of my credit limits XD So Brother was going to get a new credit card.

Had an explodingly-full lunch because Mother cooked as usual and I was stealing bites from Brother's. Chicken rice I think? Illegal, but that's why it's nice. Strangely, it didn't rain at all this afternoon. In fact, it was HOT. Brother went out to hunt for teh peng because this place couldn't support a canteen. Then I had the teh peng too of course, after all the soup. Some of my intestinal cells might have died from cytolysis.

My nails were growing real slowly. Usually I needed to trim my fingers weekly and toes once every 2 weeks. It has now been 3 weeks and I'm trimming my toes for the first time. And they were actually not even long. Hmm resources diverted to more crucial areas?

Brother suggested taking me out for a walk. Ok! Got the nurse to help with the brace and off we went.

Nothing much in the hospital compound. Carpark only. Soon, I was going along a long stretch of unsheltered pavement under the hot sun. I think I just said something about wound pigmentation earlier? XD

Outside was super quiet also. There were a few blocks of flats but were strangely quiet and dark. Nobody's clothes hanging from the windows, no light was on, nobody passing by, not a sign of life. A live example of "ghost town". Figured that they must have been en bloc-ed. Lucky guys, get paid to move out of this ulu place. Now, it would be creepy if I were to spy a kid bouncing a ball or an old lady sticking her arm out of the door grilles to wave at us.

We moved to another cluster of flats. Old and unkempt. Most of the shops were closed. I think only the mini coffeeshop where Brother bought the teh peng and NTUC was opened. Alas, the NTUC was too small to enter. Boring. They should en bloc this also.

We moved further out to TJ Shopping Centre. Woohoo much better, more life! Ignore the stares. Checked out the foodcourt for lunch candidates tomorrow. Found a cake shop wide enough and bought a slice of cake and a bun I think? Ok butt starting to hurt already and needed the toilet too, time to go back, although I hated it.

The moment we got back, the nurses fussed around me, asking where I have been. It was dinner-time, so they looked all around but couldn't find me anywhere and Brother didn't answer his phone. (Oh, that explained the buzzing following me on the way back.) They almost fainted when I said that I went OUTSIDE the hospital, because I wasn't supposed to step out of the compound! OOPS. Cannot ah?? Sorry, won't happen again.

This was so going inside the case notes. "Patient with the tendency to escape from hospital." 15 years of school with a clean record, 1 month in hospital and blemished in no time.

Nurse C asked me quietly if I secretly went out to smoke. NO! And I wasn't lying lah -___-

It's like 6.30pm already. TIME TO EAT THAT CAKE before parents come! It's got EGG and absolutely illegal. I really have no space for dinner now.


Sunday
W and his girlfriend came to visit me after they returned from their Indonesian island holiday. Nice to have some company :) They brought me some Meiji yoghurt :D~~

Nothing much happened, just eat a lot, catch up with the world... no going out though :(

No comments: