Monday, August 14, 2006

Ma, I Think I Had Seen A UFO When I Was a Baby

On 12th Aug, I reached Esplanade at 5.30pm to chop a prime spot to watch the final fireworks display by Team France. The area in front of the firing point was already full, but the opportunist in me did not fret. Upon seeing an Indian lady turn to talk to her friend, I pounced on the empty area created after she lifted one butt. *V*

I only had a copy of 8 Days and a nail clipper to keep me occupied. 7pm onwards was spent looking around as it was getting dark.

Some flashing light caught my attention. It was a battery-operated fan perched on top of a baby stroller. The centre of the fan was designed to resemble a UFO, flashing red light, bright, dim, bright, dim at the sleeping baby.

Wa so irritating can? I wondered if the parents have any brains. Sure, it looks fun, having a UFO-like fan, but did they think about how they would feel if someone were to flash light at them while they were sleeping? Luckily babies can sleep anywhere, anytime.

Or maybe they are trying to train the baby to be resistant to Photosensitive epilepsy from young, so he/she won't get fits should he/she get addicted to the computer in future.

Talking about light, I'm glad my handphone has a light feature, so I could still read 8 Days at 8pm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jie, how come you brought a nail clipper to the esplanade? hahaha

Lazyprogrammer said...

Er to trim my nails lor, and maybe clip some butts that encroach on my (stolen) territory.
I'm joking abt the latter *puts on serious face*
It's small and can help to pass time, that's all :P