Thursday, August 10, 2006

People With Chinese Nicks Like to Befriend a Sotong



These days, I've been swamped1 by requests to add me in MSN. Those requests has some similarities:
  • The nicks are in Chinese.

  • The nicks try to sound poetic.

  • They use hotmail.

  • The email address has an underscore.

  • The front part of the email address is in letters, and the part after the underscore has string of digits, making it resemble a serial number.
Aiyah anyway, I don't recognize the email and I can't think of anyone who might want to add me. But the first time, to give the benefit of doubt, I added the person.

Sotong: who is this?
远方不是终点,风景在路上: 很高兴认识你~:)
Sotong: do i noe u?
远方不是终点,风景在路上: 有事,回头聊
(Sets to Away)
Walau you dare to set Away! I want my answer now! Threaten him/her first

Sotong: i'm blocking u
Waited 10s for an answer, in vain
Ask you question you don't reply! 好大的胆子! I block you!


I still get requests from dubious people that fit the above description. Block all lor. The reason behind the surge in popularity? Dunno ley, my email probably got discovered by some Chinese spammer?

1swamped: 1 request every 2 or 3 days

No comments: