Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Lazy But Blur Sotong in Action

I was given the task of editing a document. I had to draw up a table and 1 column is for urls. The urls were similar, just different at the last bit: http://mama.com.sg/level1/level2/level3/variable.html

The Meaning of LAZY
After typing the 2nd url, I realised that I should have copied and pasted the url in all the necessary places, then manually highlight the last bit and type in. Faster right? Why didn't I think of it earlier!

The Meaning of BLUR
After I had finished pasting the url all over, I realised that I had chosen the longer of the 2 urls to copy. This meant I had to highlight more characters to get the job done.
url1: http://mama.com.sg/level1/level2/level3/home.html --> highlight 4 chars
url2: http://mama.com.sg/level1/level2/level3/ 1234567_12345678_123456.html --> highlight 23 chars, of which 2 are underscores!!

*cold wind blows, sotong freezes and cracks*

No comments: