The person sitting behind me at work has moved to another desk! Yay!
I remembered that when he first moved over, he had this box that's big enough for me to sit in, full of his stuff. It was placed between our chairs, with part of it blocking my drawer such that I couldn't open it. But since I needed my drawer rarely and I thought he needed time to put all that stuff into his cabinets, I let it be.
But 1+ weeks later, that hazardous roadblock was still there. It dawned upon me that he had no intention of removing the box, so I asked him gently to "move his box a bit" because I couldn't open my drawer. Luckily he moved it under his table instead of moving it aside temporarily for me to open my drawer and back after I was done. Ok I should have asked earlier, but he should have realised too!
After the box stopped blocking me, stuff from his side, like his chair and dustbin blocked me from time to time. Many times, I had to shift his dustbin back because it crossed the line and became mine. He don't need dustbin one meh! Cannot put under his table meh! And why must he push his chair so far out when he gets up? Very hazardous for me ok!
The MOST irritating thing was that he likes to play a few songs on loop on his speakers softly, but I still can hear. If he has a huge collection, I won't mind, but not when it's the same album!! I know he's often away from his desk, so he would like to listen whenever he's around, but I'm listening too much! Can't he pause the player when he's away?! Imagine subjecting me to the same 10 or so songs from 9am-7pm! I wasn't spared during lunch either. Why can't he use a earphone like the rest of us -_-
First, he looped Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head. By the end of the week, I was totally sian of Coldplay. From then on, I skipped all songs from that album because I've had enough of them.
Then, he finally changed his music. But my joy was not for long, because he looped that too! This time, it's Norah Jones. Her songs damn sleepy man! CAN'T STAND IT ARGHHH. I countered with Linkin Park louder in my ears.
After another 1+ week, he changed his music again, to Faye Wong's <<只爱陌生人>> album. This time, I wasn't happy because this meant I might actually grow to hate a singer I like. Hate did grow, but only for songs from that album. I never want to hear songs from that album again. I do hope it's temporary though.
At this rate, I think I will have many songs on my hatelist.
Fortunately, he only let these 3 albums take turns to loop for a few days. Phew. And now he's moved!
Talking about looping songs and neighbours, I have a neighbour from above my house who likes to REPEAT 王力宏's Kiss Goodbye ad infinitum and SING ALONG. On the repeat list are 王力宏's Forever Love and also a certain Japanese song that I don't know of. This kid ah, I think should still be in primary school ba, judging from the voice, also like to play ancient stuff like Dr Bombay, Leon Lai's Happy 2000, 梁婆婆 videos (and sing along HOOHOOHOOHOO!), Power Ranger videos (and sing along GO GO POWER RANGERS!)... More recent songs will be 王心凌 and a remix album that has 陈伟联's 童话.
It's so bad that Kiss Goodbye has been banished to my hatelist for eternity. GRRRRRR~~
No comments:
Post a Comment