I'm finally worth as much as a lowly-paid fresh graduate.
Come August, my payslip will reflect a new figure that is 4.56521739130434782060869565217391% higher than what I'm currently drawing. What a surprise, as I thought there wouldn't be any this year. But not overjoyed, because I feel it's 理所当然 and I'm still underpaid.
All good things must come with a price. To lay my hands on my incr*m*nt letter, I had to undergo a ~30min discussion-turned-lecture (because I didn't talk much) by my boss. He came to catch me to his room after office hours. Once I was seated, he handed it to me. I must confess I was already expecting it because my friend spotted a huge stack of letters last week and he got his, like last week too? But must say thank you also lah, like a true blue Singaporean, once you get something, say thank you first before realising you shouldn't have. Remember in Singapore Idol, got people say thank you after being told to leave?
O back to story. He asked me how's work.
I replied that's it's ok now, but if this session took place last week, I would have said something quite different.
He was surprised to hear that. I explained that I was having indigestion of information, but was much better with a lot of help.
He said my PMs are happy with my work...
Sure or not... I was a disaster the past 1mth ley... Giving black face when being told to do something for baby #1 I was babysitting, needing people to help me complete my work, putting the needs of baby #2 I was babysitting on the backburner...and more.
He said that this year's incr*m*nt is good, even better than last year's.
So what? Still underpaid ley.
The people up above fought hard to get us this sum from the board, for it was important to retain people.
OMG so it actually was more pathetic than this, or worse still, none?
Then I was treated to a story of 3 men playing with stone where the 3rd man wanted to build a cathedral with them. And the company suffered from diarrhoea because people were looking for money or didn't share the company's vision. People who stayed either just wanted a job, or they wanted to help the company grow. He asked me why I stayed.
!!!
I said I'm open to anything right now, so I accepted anything that came along. Then he concluded that I'm the kind that just wanted a job.
What! No lah! Got many reasons, but cannot let you know only!
He said it's fortunate that the company has a friendly culture. He asked me what I thought.
I praised everybody of course. There were things I'm not happy with, but it's also my fault for not attempting to change them. Generally, good.
I think that's about all. Can't quite remember because I had kinda stopped listening. It's just weird when someone who doesn't really talk to you, suddenly has so much to say. All the time, the @$)U*@ aircon vent was blowing straight at me. Walau!
After I was let out, I used the remaining 10min I had to wrap up my work for the day before leaving for tuition. Ya this is why I'm still around after office hours lah, waiting for tuition lor.
No comments:
Post a Comment