Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Sotong Goes Vegetarian (temporarily) and etc

Celebrated my mum's birthday today!

A few weeks ago, mum said the temple she frequents could whip up a meal specially for us, for $60, and we had to book at least 1 day in advance. I almost agreed to have that on my birthday, but from past experience, temple food isn't fantastic, plus sotongs are carnivorous. This time, since it's her birthday, why not let her try? So yesterday, she happily made a booking for 11am the next day. I wake up later than that on weekend ley... T_T

But we ended up leaving home at 11am. With my mum, what's new?

The temple was surprisingly empty. Good! Can have the whole place to ourselves! This also meant that it's ok to be late! :P We announced our arrival and waited a while for the food to be served.

  • 1 BIG plate of fried beehoon, that not too oily or salty. Good!

  • 1 plate of fried wanton-look-alike. Very crispy! But it's not the same kind of crisp as those outside, dunno how to say lah. If I like it, it must be really good. According to my mum, people travel all the way here specially for that.

  • 1 bowl of soup. Very thick, not the thin, salty cheat money kind.

  • Sweet and sour tofu, with the narcissus mushroom. Mmmm~

  • Stir-fried cauliflower, carrots, and others. Dun really like cauliflower.

  • Mushroom and chestnut. :D~~

  • Mock meat. I didn't touch that.


All these are meant for 10 people but there's only 5 of us. But since we all didn't have breakfast, 5x2=10! Can lah!

We ended up with 1/2 the beehoon left, which we dapao back. Stuffed!

Next stop was a haircut at EC House, because my mum is their supportor after 1 good experience for her and 1 good experience for me, and pretending the subsequent bad encounters were anomalies -_-

When my cutter asked if I was ok with the cut, I pointed out that the sides weren't quite symmetrical.

She answered, "有 meh?"

DUH! When a person who usually has no comments, actually has comments, it must be very bad! I think she cmi!!

The only good thing about that haircut trip was the Mc milkshake after that.

Mum trimmed my hair when we got home.

O then I watched Tokyo Drift, at home of course. So-so.

Then I waited for Monday to arrive >.<

No comments: