My project finally rolled out and it's time for a celebration! Since an overwhelming proportion of the group was from country I and the leader was from country I too, it's natural that we have food suitable for people from there. Many of them were actually dying to try Tiffin Room @ Raffles Hotel for years, so Tiffin Room it shall be.
Curious, I googled. Indian food in a posh hotel. Expect attentive service. $49+++. OMG! So ex lor, no wonder the guys could only dream. I will NEVER pay $49 for curry, especially when I can't take food that's too spicy. It better be good!
On that day itself, I realised most people didn't know who's actually paying. Skarly go dutch how? Walau cannot lor! $49 for curry! NEVER.
Took the manager's car in the pouring rain, the cannot see the car in front kind of rain. Spent an eternity on AYE, no accident also, dunno how come so slow.
But there was a miracle. We did not pay any ERP to get to Raffles Hotel!
Yes, the horrible Raffles Hotel driveway. Instead of tar, it's gravel and I totally couldn't walk on it unaided. Trying to look colonial. As if it's not bad enough that it's raining! And there's no ramp, only kerb and steps. Sigh.
Tiffin room felt very spacious with its high ceiling. I'm sure the sparrows flying about felt the same way too. When we sat down, the waiter passed the manager the ala carte menu. Trying to trick him lor! Not all have arrived, so we sat there waiting, our glasses dry. Had to open our mouths to request for iced water.
I don't have much to say about the food lah, since I don't particularly enjoy Indian cuisine. But the spicines is acceptable to be. The curries and dishes are delicious, just that I couldn't eat a lot since they have to go with rice. Cannot just drink curry like that right.
Dessert was a mini cup of yoghurt with blueberries. Tastes good. My favourite is the ice-cream. It's not Walls (don't Raffles Hotel dare to serve Walls!), it's a home-made ice-cream with chopped walnuts. D, a 30-something commented that it's too sweet, but I downed 5 scoops. Got too sweet meh?
The ice-cream caught up with me soon. All of a sudden, I felt too full and could only drink water. Old already. 10 years later I will be talking like the 30-something.
D quizzed me on bt. Wa, how come he knows so much about my clandestine activity lor! Only 2 people in the whole place knows, and it's easy to guess who's the culprit. The management sure shares information. So close-knitted. Gossip about subordinates somemore! >_< Lower my profile now! *slithers into the darkness*
Hogged the place to chitchat. The evil waiters kept the coffee and tea a secret until somebody asked for it. I didn't mind, couldn't drink at this hour anyway.
Bill time. All bosses present offered to pay. Ya, good, I didn't bring $49+++ out lor. 谢谢老板!
Manager sent 4 of us home. We were rather quiet. Too full?
So I guess it's the country I dream come true. When can I go The Line?
No comments:
Post a Comment