Back to work on 27th when the original plan was 24th, all lazy, engine rusting. PL was only free to brief me on my new task in the afternoon, so my morning was spent trying to read the boring specifications, 100% of which I didn't understand. Afternoon came, got briefed and tried to start work. Couldn't do much when my concept was still cloudy. Didn't help when there's a person who didn't have to work the whole of December MSNing me non-stop. Argh.
Friday was better, but not by much. Had an evil plan to skip work on Monday! Half day again, don't want to waste money on taxi, so I decided to ask the PL if I could work from home instead. That was when the PL revealed that the work has to be done by Monday, as SIT is on Wednesday!!
WTF! I thought the effort estimation is 5 mandays? I know I said I would return on 24th, so 24th to 31st would be 5 mandays. But apparently the PM has forgotten about the 2 half days on 24th and 31st! So shouldn't the deadline be Wednesday instead of Monday?
Unless, it's like, on purpose.
How about the MC I took? Ok maybe a project plan can't be shifted on the whim because of something so unpredictable. How about the off day I took on 26th? Dear PM, I told you about that already, right? Forgot?
Unless, it's like, on purpose.
In the end, we are still not encouraged to clear any off days.
No comments:
Post a Comment