Friday, December 21, 2007

Seoul Yummy

Met up with W and J for dinner! W recommended this Korean restaurant in Novena Square 2, Seoul Yummy, so here we are. It's so new that it's not listed on the shop directory. It's on level 3, at the side of nearer the medical centre lobby.

Nice and uncrowded on a Friday night so near Christmas. Good news for me, bad for the tenants.

No queue, a table was just clearing out when we arrived. The restaurant uses metal chopsticks. Peculiar. We have 2 small eaters, so it's logical to share all dishes. Can ask for empty plates and bowls. The restaurant supports sharing, unlike some.

Let the pictures do the talking!

Dry noodles with spicy bean sauce. Too dry for me.

Spicy seafood soup. Looks red, but I can tahan :D Comes with rice. Only a spoonful was eaten, by yours truly.

Pancake on a hotplate. I ate it when it has turned cold, so not nice for me.

Yoghurt ice-cream. We asked the waitress how big it is and she gestured a satisfactory size for the bowl. But when it arrived, I felt cheated. The whole bowl is filled with ice lor! And it's not fine ice like ice kachang. It's the kind you get in Seoul Garden. Unless it's the standard in Korea lah, you know, since Seoul Yummy and Seoul Garden serve this type of ice. And nobody in the right mind will let the ice-cream melt into the ice in order to flavor it, so the ice was pretty untouched. So unsatisfying :( But to give it some credit, the ice-cream is delicious. Desserts that melt must be eaten quickly, so pardon this sorry-looking toppled ice-cream.

I think I paid about $12 for all of the above finally. Ok overall.

No comments: