Really!
With my entourage, we started off with lunch at Le Meridien foodcourt. Target Korean Cuisine at my brother's recommendation. Korean food cooked by real Koreans! It's a huge stall, 3 stalls long to be precise. This made the kitchen look unnecessarily spacious. I mean, cramp, harassed-looking stall-holders are the norm right?
I ordered the spicy prawn soup set, my brother got the tender beef sliced set and my sister had the spicy pork sliced set. Each set comes with a bowl of rice (which I didn't touch) and a small plate of kimchi/cucumber/ikan bilis. There's 3 of us, so we got 1 of each :D The servings are humongous! The whole hot plate is full of meat lor! But my soup is full of vegees lah, not prawns :\
More of the menu. To show the last 2 dishes on the extreme right. I almost wanted the ramen, but I thought it looks suspiciously like instant noodles. For what I know, it's the 辛 ramen.
Cannot see, I know. Put for fun. It got A, very hygienic!
O the ice kachang there is delicious too!
Japanese food menu for the interested.
Next, a spin in Heeren. In HMV, a glance at the DVD chart and I was awed to know I have watched almost all of the flicks! In the comfort of my home :D
On the way to Taka, outside Meritus Mandarin, Chen Hanwei and his g
Went around Taka lor. Someone's $10 note floated to the floor and honest me got my brother to return it. Bought 2 tops from G2000 for a total of $68.60. And 1 of them is with zebra stripes again -_-;; Dropped by the Anna Sui counter to smell the perfume I wanted to get, but no more sampler. Too bad, or I might have bought it had I had the chance to convince myself again. Went around more. Then 2 pairs of pants from G2000 good friend, G2000 Blu(again) for $82.60. I don't think any of my pants are NOT from there :\ So familiar I am with the cutting that I don't have to try them on anymore.
Dinner time! Ken's noodle house at Orchard Point! Authentic Japanese ramen cooked by real Japanese! Today is really an authentic day :D~~
The interior of the shop. I'm sitting at the counter. It's really tiny. No huge groups, or have to squat at the roadside, which is just 5m away. Really authentic huh. Even got person reading manga!
My stewed egg ramen. The soup looks yellow here, but I assure you it's not 碱水, i.e. not bitter. An interesting thing to note is I didn't find green tea in the menu.
I ordered it to see if there's runny yolk, and there sure is! But the degree of stew-ness is less than that of Tampopo's. The egg also slightly more cooked than Tampopo's. The pork is less fatty, hence less melty than Tampopo's. BUT the winner is the soup! It's so delicious, so didn't taste of MSG, that I could have drunk it all! But cannot lah, the serving is really big, cannot finish, so must save some soup for whoever's gonna mop up the remainder. My sister said the noodles are not Q enough, but I found it ok. More conveniently located than Tampopo, and I don't even know if Tampopo is still open, given Liang Court's state. Will come again!
BTW, I witnessed the cook do the following with his bare hands: pick raw noodles, peel off a piece of meat from a ham-like loaf, put dressing on the bowl, rearrange the contents of the ready-to-serve-bowl. Ya. I don't mind. Do you? So authentic! Must keep repeating the keyword. AUTHENTIC.
No shopping trip with my entourage is complete without a visit to the supermarket! PS now! But before going to the supermarket proper, we went to Daiso and grabbed nose strips and the Tohato snack. $14 gone like that! *faints*
Spotlight. Go for fun. Saw some accessories components. It said silver ley, but doesn't look silver to me. I think order from firemountain is still safer.
Dessert at Ice Monster! Had a mango-ish dessert. Freezing cold!
Then supermarket proper. Nothing to buy actually. Go for fun only.
Go home time. Next day must work T_T Saw human queue but no taxi queue. And who was saying the fare hike would help? Hmpf. Dialed Transcab and waited. The cab take very long to come lah! Meanwhile, empty cabs for hire streamed in -_-;; Our cab came and it waited outside Atrium *sigh* O I must mention this:
$2.80 flagdown + $3 CBD + $3.50 booking = $9.40 before we even moved off.
Ok I think I have fulfilled all my goals for my shopping. Except for the *totally* optional Anna Sui perfume. Afraid to look at my next credit card bill!
It's supposed to be a shopping trip, but I'm seem to be more excited over the food. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment