Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Making Full Use of the MC

Today's a lucky, albeit busy day! I managed to schedule my No Use Hospital rehab clinic, CT scan for ortho clinic and PT all on the same day!

First, rehab clinic at 2pm. Uh oh no more sexy lady doctor. It's the fierce rehab doc who saw me in HD. He seemed nicer this time. I brought my HKAFO today, something for him to write about. Don't say I'm "unmotivated" ok!

Billing is slowwww. Running late for my 2.20pm CT scan! Crazy scheduling, I know.

Reached the Radiology department on the dot, but I got to get changed duh. Then waited. Phew. I saw 2 other waiting patients drinking something weird. Please don't make me drink that!

I didn't have to, since I'm just taking a spine CT. Because I couldn't put my arms above my head, I had to hold on to a pillow to help maintain my arms' position. Almost couldn't fit into the doughnut. Had to keep absolutely still although my arms were protesting in pain.

CT, Spine, 2 Areas - CT thoracic & lumbar spine to assess fusion axial cut perpendicular to facet

Out of pocket $103.00

I wonder... if I had flinched and had to redo the scan, would I be charged for it?

Last stop, PT. When I was going to put on my HKAFO, a lady patient fainted and all resources were diverted to her. So drama! The lady hadn't eaten. What time now already, haven't eat??

A senior PT whom I have never seen before and my usual PT, A, attended to me. The senior was damn irritating! Kept telling A what to do and refused to listen to A and me. I had to go through all the rubbish about making me sit again. And she wanted to make me do sit to stand, despite A's protest, because she knew my quirks. A tried to get her to help me stand the way she usually did, but this @$%&%# wouldn't listen. When she finally did what we told her, she probably realized A was right and proceeded to tell A that she must help such patients this way.

What an asshole. Luckily she went away. We have only just met and I already can't stand her.

Walked with the Arjo Walker, but it turned out to be more difficult. Why?

No comments: