Sunday, September 25, 2011

Third Last Day of Freedom

The day has come. I was supposed to admit at 3pm, but at noon, the hospital called me to tell me not to come yet as they were out of beds. They would inform me when they have secured one. Uh ok... by today right? I wouldn't mind if they couldn't.

I got a call telling me I could admit by 6pm. :(

Reached there, requested to pay $6000 deposit instead. Because I got a Manhattan credit card too, can get rebates on just about everything! If only I could pay by installments later, can earn even more rebates lor. The admission procedure was simple and quick.

I was shown to my bed at Ward 51, Bed 4. No air-con, what I had signed up for. I had a window-side bed, except the windows were sealed due to construction outside.
That resulted in the area feeling very stuffy. I could even smell the difference from the corridor.

The ward was strangely spacious... 6 beds? Counted wrongly? I thought I was supposed to be in a C-class ward with 8 beds? Went online to check. Hey, this was a B2 ward! Free upgrade! :D Hey... maybe if I came in on Monday instead, I could pay for 1 day less AND get an even higher class?

My neighbors were all elderly women who were having problem with their bones. Fractures? So many old people get hurt huh.

And I realized that I forgot to bring the X-ray.

I had to wear the patient's tag on my wrist. Boohoo tagged now. So ugly. It has both QR and bar code. So kiasu.

Dinner time. I don't have. Not as if I would be eating that. Went downstairs to Kopitiam instead. Mum said something about abstaining from spicy food, but heck lah, the food there looked so boring lor. I wanted something strong-tasting before being trapped in a boring diet for the next 103 days. Tomyam ban mian again lor. Last time it was quite good, but don't know why this time it's so bleah. Quite bland apart from the spiciness. Sigh really should have gone outside to eat. Last meal also so sad.

Nothing to do now. Tour the hospital. Nothing to see lor, all closed. Not enough shops for shopping too. Boring... Ended up enjoying air-con at Can Rigged Win. No public Wifi at all. What happened to Wireless@Sg? Noticed their secured Wifi is all named after birds.

When I went back to my ward at 10pm, the door to the ward was locked lor -_-;; Every patient was asleep already. I must be the most happening patient around. Mum came even later to sleep over with me. The call bell kept going off every few minutes and it's the ancient type that went "BAIRRRR!". Sigh got to learn to filter it from my ears, I still have 2 more nights to go.

No comments: