Thursday, September 01, 2011

Friends

N made a new friend, D in the washroom and started inviting her to join us for lunch. D is from another project. Like N, she is from India and married with a kid too. This spelt b-o-r-e-d-o-m for me because all they ever talk about are husband, kid, India and they break into Hindi sometimes. I felt so extra.

Because of D, we no longer went for early lunch. It's either 12.30pm, when all tables are taken up, or 1pm, when I would be long famished. Most of the time, D could only go at 12.30pm and I would flatly refuse to go. N would try to talk me into going, by promising that there would be seats, which was very irritating. Seats will NOT appear just because you said so! I go also eat quietly one what, go for what? Surfing net over lunch is really more enjoyable.

N really didn't have to try so hard to get me to join them. I have told her very truthfully before that I really didn't mind eating on my own (short of admitting that I LOVE it actually). I couldn't tell if N was truly apologetic about making me lunch alone, because if she were, couldn't MY timing take priority? It's not just me, but everybody else has to take a backseat when it came to deciding when to go for lunch. D is and always has been the deciding factor and the rest doesn't matter at all, does N herself realize at all? Why try so hard to get a consensus?

I'm not jealous of D. It's just irritating seeing N struggle with the same issue everyday when I already know what is going to happen.

Something good that came out of it? Sometimes D wanted to go to the coffeeshop for a change, so I got to eat the fishball tanghoon. With lots of 冬菜.

I guess N and S will never speak again. I rarely talked to S too. Not that I'm a N supporter, but we really didn't have much to talk about.

N was visibly very upset one day. She and S met at the corridor outside. S stared at her, sped up and left the scene. Why couldn't S even stand seeing her now? Or has it always been like that? So many months later, N still had no idea what she has done wrong. I don't know either. I only have a speculation. So I just said maybe it's something she has done that offended S, but S allowed it to pent up until she finally exploded.

N disappeared frequently that day. Confirm 诉苦ing to her numerous friends. Might as well. She sit here also not working one, just fiddling on her mobile (probably 诉苦ing on sms) and sighing.

On a brighter note, I will be away from all these nonsense pretty soon.

No comments: