Got woken up super early, like before 6am, to bathe. Despite telling the nurse that my mother would assist me, she still insisted on following me into the bathroom. The reason being she wanted to ensure that I didn't wash off the markings made yesterday (Mother almost did, despite the nurse telling her not to rub so hard) and that I had to use their super strong smelling, drying and artificially pink anti-bacterial soap to wash. She should have mentioned earlier, so that I wouldn't wash with my own soap! Double soaping = super duper dry skin! Even my hair had to be washed with it! Luckily she didn't insist that I wash my face with that too hah.
Then it was back to traction. So strict on it. Seriously! Apart from being annoying, it didn't seem to serve any purpose!
The rest of the family came. Had to try very hard to keep quiet so early in the morning... noisy patient! Of course, our efforts, if any, were futile, because we still got to pack our stuff. Couldn't expect to return to the same bed later, right? I looked like I had been here for a week :X
Dr L and his group of students came to add on to the noise. He said that during the surgery, I would be lifted from anaesthesia briefly and called by name to move my arms and legs to check my nerve functions. I stared at him in disbelief. Not worried about pain. I had heard of this, but would I really be able to respond? Later never respond then jialat. What name I respond to? A wide variety since a lot of people mispronounce my name! So anything that sounds like it :P Which also implies that I responded mistakenly many times...
And it was waiting until 8.20am. I was wheeled out on the bed, with the traction and all. That's how serious they were about it. All the way to the operating theatre! The waiting area was bustling with activity. So many patients having surgery huh. Why did the place have to be so freaking cold? The cold air was penetrating my holey blanket with ease.
The operating theatre was actually warmer than outside lor. Everybody inside was doing something. I was expecting some students to stand around hah. I'm such a fine piece of exhibit wor~ Dr L greeted me before saying he was going to plan the surgery. Which made me worried for a second. Planning now only ah... ~_~
I was finally released from traction and got to play with the Patslide.It dramatically reduces friction, making the transfer off my bed so easy. Just that it's very hard, hurting my shoulder blades.
Somebody swabbed my wrist with alcohol. I thought they were going to give me an injection, but I turned and saw them getting this thing with super thick and long needle and stuck it into my wrist! A tube was connected to it and I watched a clear, fluid travel through it into my wrist. So cool...
...

No comments:
Post a Comment