Despite being strapped up the whole night, I still didn't feel any discomfort this morning. Can I get rid of it since it didn't seem to be working?
The finger pricking spell continued. Sianz.
I could only recall the breakfast being very unappetizing. Of course Sister didn't want to share it with me when I myself didn't like it.
I got released because I had to go do a gait analysis. Yippee! The lady technician told me the purpose was to compare my gait before and after surgery, meaning I would have to repeat the test once I could walk. I was thinking to myself that could be years later at the earliest, or never... For the first time in my life, I wore a bikini haha. Look more like tube top with straps and boy shorts lah. She stuck some reflective balls all over my body, whose reflected light would be captured by the several cameras as I walked. I had to get up from a chair and walk about 5m, taking care to step on 2 tiles along the way as they were for measuring the force of my step. Shaky tiles lor, dangerous! Of course, I had to be helped out of the chair... walk with the wrong kind of garments (nowhere to grip)... walk after sitting for a long time (nearly 2 days)... deliberately step on something shaky... with cold air-con blowing at me... a few times... it's a miracle that I didn't fall over at all. So damn glad when it was all over man.
I declined the nurse's offer to bathe me as I preferred my sister. I must have hogged the bathroom for the longest time hehe. Because somebody had come to take my urine sample and were waiting for me for possibly the longest time. Well, it would have been easier if they had built a toilet bowl in the bathroom too!
When I returned, I realized a doctor was waiting to draw lines on me and draw blood :X
I was supposed to be back on traction immediately, but since I had to go for an X-ray and the nurses were too lazy to keep redoing the whole thing, they told me they would strap me back after that. No problem! :D Just that I was waiting indefinitely for the X-ray. No idea what they were up to.
Today's lunch was vegetarian horfun Mother bought from some vegetarian stall. She described it as ultra popular, need to queue up blah blah. Whatever. She's the one who wanted me to go vegetarian before the surgery. I would be happy with just fried beehoon. It didn't taste bad. Normal lor. Maybe it's impressive for achieving some taste without using meat?
Time for X-ray after lunch. Since I was in the hospital pyjamas, I didn't need to change into the gown. Difficult poses again. Only at the last picture did I realize that I still had that bloody amulet on me. It obscured something but still to an acceptable degree, fortunately. What kind of luck was it bringing me if I had to redo the whole batch of X-rays? From now on, such unnecessary burdens were banned from me. I don't want to expose myself to more radiation when I already had a lot this year. Or be responsible should I change clothes with or without my knowledge and lose that thing in the process.
A lady came to conduct a bleeding time test on me. She produced something that looked like the blood glucose test finger pricker, except that it stapled a hole like 1mm wide and 1mm deep in my arm!!! WTF need to be so deep or not? Then she pumped up the sphygmomanometer and we watched as blood oozed out of my wound. When the blood formed a nice little sphere, she soaked it up with filter paper. And this would go until the bleeding stopped. If it didn't stop then it meant I would bleed to death in the surgery, which in turn meant... hmm... go home lor? Well anyway of course the bleeding stopped. The lady removed her gloves before cleaning up, coming into contact with my blood in the process. Eww... she should remove her gloves lastly what.
The dietician came too.
The anaesthesia specialist came to tell me what to expect tomorrow. Nothing new. Just uh ya ok all the way. O it's an Indian doctor from India again. Was the whole anaesthesia department from India or something?
An old lady who just returned from surgery was vomiting non-stop. O no o no I don't want to be like her >+< J told me she also threw up after anaesthesia. Nooooo...
Found out that the yellow plastic bag was a trash bag. Cool! Can throw my tissue paper inside.
Dinner time! I'm not eating the hospital food, but I'm happy to be released. Shhh! Checked out the food today.Same lor, only the 瓜 was different.
Yesterday's rice was too dry. Today's? Outside looked ok...Walau inside wet like ketupat! I concluded that they made the rice very wet so hopefully it would come out normal after steaming inside the food trolley for goodness knows how long.
W and E came to see me! J couldn't make it as she had flu, very potent baby virus. Visiting hours were till 8pm, but we shamelessly chatted till 9+ when everybody were long asleep. Noisy patient! Then W asked why the nurses were giving me dirty looks and I told her that they were supposed to put me back on traction, which would require the labor of several nurses. Haha they'd better be off!
Finally time to be back on the traction. This time, the weights were increased to 8 lbs (3.6kg) on each of my calves and 5 lbs (2.8kg) for my head. Still tolerated it well. In fact, not much difference. What for man...
Mother's turn to spend the night with me. The call bell was going off every few minutes, she wouldn't be able to sleep like that! I asked the nurse for a solution. She said they provided earplugs due to the construction around. Really! Should have asked for them the first time round!
No more food and water from midnight onwards. Surprised that I didn't have to fast earlier. No problem, I don't drink before sleeping anyway.
I had to wake up super early to bathe tomorrow morning, but how could someone who chronically never slept before 1am, fall asleep so early? Heck care, I would be sleeping the whole of tomorrow anyway.


No comments:
Post a Comment