Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Mid-Autumn Fatten-up Festival

The time of the year for exotic mooncakes! We went to the mooncake fair at Ngee Ann City again, because it's the only one available when we wanted to go. Bear with the crowd.

Mooncakes were generally more expensive this year. There was a new brand that was pretty impressive, but too expensive. Like >$50 for 4?

Tasted the TWG mooncakes. Seriously, they should stick to tea. I didn't detect any hint of tea in their mooncakes. They just reeked of artificial flavoring. Reminded me of how an ex-colleague told me not to drink TWG because it's flavored tea.

Probably tasted the most mooncakes this year haha. We amassed a pile of pamphlets, which would be used to determine the purchase. Brother left for work (yeah... on a Saturday evening) while Sister and I went to the foodcourt for dinner. I was not hungry at all, but eat first lor, before we bought any mooncake. Tried the mixed beef pho from Pho Hoa at the food court. Ok lah. Really not hungry. It might taste better if I were.

Bought baked skin chestnut mooncake $27.
It's chestnut season in Japan again haha. Inspired. Not too sweet, not bad!

Father bought the original 大中国 mooncake. Brother bought the "fake" 大中国 Hainanese mooncake. Our snowskin fix was our favorite Fairmont Sze Chuan Court mixed flavors, consisting of Dark Rocher Chocolate, Rum & Raisin Chocolate Truffle, Champagne Truffle & Chocolate Ganache and Baileys Chocolate. All the better with Brother's 30% staff discount = $39.69!

*Looks at tummy*

No comments: