Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Rocku Yakiniku

We bought a Voucherlicious voucher for Rocku Yakiniku, primarily for the FREE FLOW beer.

Picked a Tuesday evening. Blizzard maintenance mah. I managed to knock off on time because I wanted take MRT there... don't wanna try waiting for a cab at that hour. So, it's just parents and I on my powered wheelchair.

Huge mistake! Although the train occupancy was comfortable for the suburb stations, it was swamped once we reached the city. Horrible when we reached City Hall to change line! Luckily it was just one stop to Bugis. Couldn't wait to get out! No direct lift to Bugis Junction. Had to go to street level and ended up on the opposite side. Had to cross the road. Imagine having to do this in bad weather tsk tsk.

No problem with going from Bugis Junction to Bugis+. I know my way around. The restaurant wasn't what I expected. It was dark, like a nightspot. Pop music was playing loudly, with the MV screening on a giant screen. My friend had a gig here a few days ago, but too bad she wasn't scheduled today. The aisle was too narrow for a powered wheelchair. I transferred to their weird chair and left my family to stow my chair.

Don't get bluffed by their wide-angle lens - It's seriously narrow!!

Mother was just here to watch. But she soon got bored and went elsewhere to eat.

The couple next to us passed us their excess food so that they wouldn't be fined.

Interesting that vegetables came in aluminium bowls so that that they could be grilled. I have been wondering how :X Too suakoo lah.

Washed the food down with beer mmm~

Brother was glued to his phone chatting with... must be a girl lah, judging from his face. I still remember that day in school, when the rumoured couple were totally absorbed in their own world and oblivious to the others. 4 of us were singing along... at least I and another friend thought so... until we realized otherwise, and the couple didn't even realize when we left.

Too noisy. Food was o...k... not again without voucher.

No comments: