K, a long-time friend since Sec4, is getting married. He invited our JC class to his church wedding. Ok! If I can find some company...
No mention of the banquet. We are not invited I guess :\
He asked if I was fine with an e-invite. No probs. But I didn't receive it in the end. Nevermind, must be too busy. Not too hung up over such formalities.
Church Of St. Ignatius. Wow didn't know K is so atas, go to a church in Bt Timah. I told Father not to tell Mother that I'm going to a church, coz I don't wanna listen to her lectures regarding religion.
Got MRT nearby, but it's still quite a walk under either the blazing hot sun or pouring sky, the weather these days. Bo bian lah, use powered chair, take MRT, save money!
Father had something on on the last minute. I think he got summoned by Mother. So I asked Brother to accompany me. Go with Brother, confirm cab liao lor.
Before I left, I had Sister do my hair so that I could take a nice passport photo for my public transport concession card :P Thanks Father and Sister!
Today is a HOT HOT HOT day. I think Father would have been sweating buckets had he come.
We dropped at the church's dropoff point. Eh... nothing around us. Only got a lift. My friends have not arrived yet. We took the lift in an attempt to find our own way. Downstairs? It was bustling with activity, but people were wearing either white or black? Oops funeral, wrong event!
We went upstairs instead. Found the place! Wow even got angpow reception table. Church wedding also do this one ah? Collect angpow twice in a day, naise.
Chatted with the groom, K. Bad news! Lift to the lunch reception was out of order since a few days ago and couldn't get the replacement parts in time. So suay! W could drive me there later though.
Drive? So far ah? Not possible to go there myself?
And I could ask anybody for help if necessary. I know T, right?
I looked at the guy standing next to me, whom K was pointing to. Shocked. IT'S T. I didn't recognize him at all. Not that he changed a lot... a bit more meaty now? A blow to my confidence in recognizing people.
The mass was starting. I parked myself at the right side, fifth row from the front. The seats have hard backrest, so my own wheelchair is preferred. Fortunately, the seating is individual chairs and not benches. The hall is mercifully air-conditioned.
S arrived with her baby girl. Second time meeting her, how she has grown!
First time attending a mass. There's a program booklet containing all the hymns and every word the couple and priest will say. There's even a choir.
E arrived late, but managed to sneak in. Sian ley, couldn't chat now. So rude to chat, right.
It was all quite nice, at the beginning. Listening to the choir and feeling happy for my friend. But it soon got boring. S's baby girl, who has been restlessly fumbling through S's bag, started wailing. S excused herself and left the mass.
S got her husband to drive them out to look for her baby's crackers. Not coming back anymore. Aww there goes the catching up :(
Prayers, submission and hymns are really not my kind. SLEEPY. Couldn't get a clear view, but seems like the couple were on their knees the whole time. And I think I understand why some churches will not marry the couple if any of them is not a believer. I wonder if I can make myself say those words at all.
Then there's the Holy Communion. Ok, so it looks like a wafer, which the priest crushed and distributed, with real wine. Non-Christians not allowed.
Signed the marriage certificate... prayed to the statue of Mother Mary... photo-taking...
Done! *eyes lits up* We were invited to proceed to the lunch reception.
Finally can talk!!
E: How much angpow did you give?
Sotong: $50
E: So much?!
Sotong: For 2... (points at Brother)
E: Ok then that's a bit little.
Sotong: *Sheepish*
W agreed to drive E to the lunch reception also *V* Now she doesn't have to walk alone.
O my, W's car looks stylo lor! A Honda coupe. Amazing that there's space for my wheelchair. Backseat passengers have to climb to get in. More difficult when I'm already seated. But front seats are very spacious lor haha. Erm why does he have bucket seats... found that it's actually quite comfortable.
We drove out of the church to the back of the neighbourhood until we came to a private road. The church owns a road, can?! Fortunately I'm using the manual wheelchair, which can fit in a car. If I had come with Father, he would be all sweaty walking so much. Hmm maybe not, I think I will more probably skip the lunch.
We continued down the hill, to a sprawling compound with some short house-like buildings and open-air carpark. Waaa rich lor, occupy so much prime land.
The lunch reception area was crowded. Not enough tables in the air-conditioned area, where everybody wanted to be. No choice, we went to the unairconditioned area. Good thing there was a table right at the door. Let the aircon leak! And Brother grabbed a fan to point at us. Heng I was wearing a thin, sleeveless blouse. Ok cardigan, your job here is done.
So pleased to find more of our classmates! There's Z, Y, W and L also I think? Great catching up with them. It helped that the food was pretty good for a buffet.
Before leaving, K managed to catch us and we took official photos with his photographer. Pity that we don't have time to talk.
W drove us to the MRT. What a distance! Really thankful for W.
Still early! Went to Jurong East's mall cluster for the first time. Lots of shops, plenty of eats. In a frugal mood, so I just window-shopped. Ippudo for dinner, because queue was short at 6pm. Ya, 6pm got queue already.
The Isetan supermarket at Westgate is impressive. O, if you manage to get there in one piece first. There was a near-miss at the zebra crossing from the lift lobby to the supermarket. Plenty of Japsy stuff. Sushi that looks good. And a bar counter for you to enjoy sake and food. We sampled some sweet Korean booze. Nice, but too expensive haha!
JCube looks tired. Thought it's new? But it feels like it's 20 years old already. Like that how to attract young people, it's target age group? Watching people ice-skate is probably one of the more interesting things to do there.
No comments:
Post a Comment