25/9/11, Admission Day
- Calcium carbonate 450mg, Vit D 200IU tablet, a calcium supplement. These are freaking expensive here! $0.07 per tablet! Mustafa sells them for only $0.05 per tablet.
28/9/11, D-Day
- Potassium chloride premixed 10mmol/500ml D5% + sodium chloride 0.33% infusion, probably an electrolyte replacement. 12 bags!
- Potassium Chloride premixed 10mmol/100ml WFI. WFI means water for injection, but the dosage instructions said "infuse". Hmm.
- Midazolam 5mg/ml (HCl) injection, a.k.a. sleeping pill. So they make people sleep during surgery using sleeping pills??
- Propofol 500mg/50ml injection and Propofol 200mg/20ml injection, for general anesthesia. I guess we are all familiar with it as the drug that killed Michael Jackson.
- Remifentanil HCl 1mg injection (Ultiva), for general anesthesia.
- Morphine Sulphate 10mg/ml injection, pain relief.
- Tranexamic acid 500mg injection (Cyclokapron), prevents excessive blood loss during surgery.
- Cal Alginate 7.5 x 12cm dressing (Kaltostat). $7.41 per piece. Wow. Didn't know there exists dressing that promotes healing.
29/9/11, ICU/HD
- Vancomycin, indicated for the treatment of serious, life-threatening infections. Fwah doctor 下手很重哦.
- Mupirocin 2% cream (Bactroban) 15g, probably for my wounds. This thing was like $19.06! Charged me for a tube but I didn't see it anywhere. Don't tell me I finished the whole thing already?
- Magnesium sulphate 49.3% (2.47g/5ml) injection, a Magnesium supplement.
- Sodium chloride 0.9% injection (ampoule). Item says "injection", but dosage instruction says "nebuliser". So it's for inhaling? How does sodium chloride vapor smell like?
- Omeprazole 40mg injection, suppresses gastric acid secretion. $12.29 per pop!
- Frusemide 20mg/2ml injection, for treatment of hypertension and edema. Hopefully the edema part for me. $0.48 per ampoule, probably one of the cheapest injections.
- Calcium gluconate 10% injection 10ml, a calcium supplement. At $2.53 per ampoule, the $0.07 tablet is relatively cheap.
- Paracetamol 500mg tablet, pain relief.
- Famotidine 20mg tablet, inhibits stomach acid production.
- Cefazolin 1g injection, mainly used to treat bacterial infections of the skin.
30/9/11, HD
- Sodium chloride 0.9% infusion bag 500ml, probably an electrolyte replacement.
- Water for injection 20ml ampoule.
- Glyceryl trinit 10mg/10ml injection, treats angina and heart failure. OMG why did I need that!!
- HES Saline (voluVEN) 6% infusion 500ml, plasma volume replacement. What a wonderful invention! No need so much real blood. $20 per bottle, and I used 2. WHY SO EXPENSIVE!
- Atracurium Besylate 50mg injection (tracrium), skeletal muscle relaxant.
- Cefazolin 1g injection. Cefazolin is mainly used to treat bacterial infections of the skin.
- Esomeprazole 40mg injection (Nexium), S-enantiomer of omeprazole, claims improved efficacy. $16.66 per vial and I used 13. WAAA!
- Fentanyl citrate 0.1mg/2ml injection, treats breakthrough pain, 100 times more potent than morphine. Ooo...
- Gentamicin Sulp 80mg/2ml injection, an antibiotic.
- Morphine Sulphate 10mg/ml injection, pain relief.
1/10/11, HD
- Sodium Glycerophosphate (P 20mmol/20ml) injection, a phosphate supplement. $10 per pop!
- Gelofusine infusion 500ml, blood volume replacement. $16.80 per bottle and I used 2.
- Paracetamol 500mg, codeine 8mg tablet painkiller. I was charged for 54 tablets by 12 Oct. I got eat so many meh???
2/10/11, HD
- Cal Alginate 7.5 x 12cm dressing (Kaltostat), 8 pieces more by 10/10/11.
- Ascorbic acid 100mg tablet. Vitamin C supplement. Yep, no fruits and vegees for a long time already.
- Potassium dihydrogen phosphate 10mmol/10ml injection, phosphate supplement. Wow so many types of phosphate supplement! This one is $4.80 per pop. I used 2.
- Metoclopramide HCl 10mg/2ml injection, treats nausea and vomiting, $1 per ampoule. More, gimme more~
4/10/11, HD
- Hirudoid cream 14g, improves circulation after bruising or soft tissue injuries.
- Vitamin B1 100mg, B6 200mg, B12 200mcg tablet, for nerves.
- Amoxicillin 500mg, Clavulanate 125mg tablet, the antibiotic that gave me an upset stomach.
5/10/11, HD
- Redoxon Double Action 500mg Chewable Tablet 60s. Vitamin C supplement. They were giving me tablet by tablet while I was still admitted. Upon discharge, they passed me the half-empty bottle.
- Lactulose syrup USP, treatment of chronic constipation.
- Nothing happened a couple of hours later, so I was given Bisacodyl 10mg suppository, a stimulant laxative
- Metoclopramide HCl 10mg tablet, treats nausea and vomiting. The tablet form is only $0.12 each!
- Magnesium Carbonate mixture 100ml, magnesium supplement. I was given 10ml only lah.
7/10/11, HD
- Calamine lotion 100ml. Ah, the itch-relieving lotion I learned from a cheer back in school days.
- Centella Asiatica Ext 1% ointment 10g, for scar treatment.
11/10/11, B1/Way Point Hospital
- Anti-embolism stocking (long/M) 3449. That $37.14 pair of socks.
- Enoxaparin NA 40mg/0.4ml injection (Clexane), prevents DVT.
No comments:
Post a Comment