X-ray first as usual. This time, I took the X-ray sitting. So many ways to get the desired X-ray. Is this what diagnostic radiography students spend 3 years learning in school?
After taking the X-ray, I went back to the clinic. Still early today, got to wait. Can't lunch first.
OMG OMG it's my turn and it's not lunch yet! Dr L was standing at the partition between the adjacent rooms, on the phone. There's a Chinese lady standing around, not sure who she was. Seated at the consultation table was the registrar. So the registrar's da boss lah. But he knew what to do with me meh? So far none of the non-Dr Ls knew. Let's find out. I looked at him, smiled and said hi.
Am I evil or what! He indeed didn't know what to ask me. Blur blur one lor, I could tell he was desperately trying to understand Dr L's horrendously-handwritten notes to get a brief history of me while coming up with time-filler questions. What if I told him that it's ok to focus on reading for 10 seconds?
Dr L was done with his phone call. He told the registrar to ask for my pain index.
And then he took over personally. Seat at the table included.
He read the rehab doctor's comments. Dr E said I'm "not motivated". WTH! I'm attending PT what?? Again, it's the issue of coming here for PT once a month only. It's because you guys couldn't accommodate me right? I am already attending therapy twice weekly as it is.
Dr L: Why can't you go everyday?
Me: (Deadpanned) I have to work.
Me: (Deadpanned) I have to work.
Asking me while conducting strength test. When he asked me to squeeze his fingers, I squeeze them real hard. Revenge!
Dr L: (Pointing to my powered wheelchair) What is this? You are not going to walk anymore?
Me: O, The Hope Killer Hospital got it for me. They wanted me to have it. Since it's here, just use it lor.
Me: O, The Hope Killer Hospital got it for me. They wanted me to have it. Since it's here, just use it lor.
So he wasn't happy to see my new powered wheelchair. Probably the first medical worker who's NOT happy about it!
I got the go-ahead to ditch my TLSO permanently. Yay!
Medishield has asked him whether my condition is considered congenital. The scapulopexy that I had the last time was considered congenital, so this time, Medishield rejected the claim as well. He was waiting for me to come back to see him so that he could ask me this. So is this why the bill is taking so long? Stuck at his side?
Of course I will argue that it isn't congenital, by virtue of it being discovered only during my teens. But why is he even asking me? I'm not a doctor you know. I'm just a person who doesn't want to pay.
Dr L said he would write to suggest Medishield check with my referral doctor for details. He then asked if I want to see their neurologist instead.
Huh why? One more doctor to see, for what?
Me: Why? Is it better? I'm not sure if I have enough MC.
He didn't pursue it.
He wanted me to make a brace to help me to stand and practice walking.
Dr L: Have you watched Forrest Gump?
Me: Yes.
Dr L: Have you seen his calipers?
Me: ... No... I can't remember. (he wears calipers?? NO IMPRESSION.)
Dr L: Tsk!
Me: (YOU TSK ME!!)
Me: Yes.
Dr L: Have you seen his calipers?
Me: ... No... I can't remember. (he wears calipers?? NO IMPRESSION.)
Dr L: Tsk!
Me: (YOU TSK ME!!)
He got the room assistant to call the orthosis vendor to come now (so sure that he's in!!). Not another brace! There's no saying no to whatever he wants you to get. O my. I do hope my stash has enough gold.
With that, he said he would see me later and he went to over to the adjacent room.
The registrar's da boss again. He asked if I am taking any medicine currently, to which I said no. He prescribed some medicine for nerves. Need meh? Last few times never give, now then give, too late or not?
Since we were at it, I asked him to give me more of that Centella Asiatica ointment also. No need to look for it in the pharmacy later and no need to queue for payment again heehee.
The orthosis vendor guy is here already! Really 随传随到!
The lady in the room handed me a letter and invited me to participate in a study which has Dr L as the principal investigator. All I had to do was to provide clinical information in the form of questionnaire concerning spinal conditions and general well-being. Erm the questionnaire is the same as what I have been doing lor. So have I been participating without consent? Ok lor.
I feel like I have been a guinea pig all along. Got to do the long long questionnaire again. FML.
At this time, my prescription was ready for collection. The pharmacist asked if I have pain, to which I replied no. Well, she asked because the doctor prescribed nerve medicine. But it's just Vitamin B right... wow got brand one. Daneuron.
The room assistant ushered us into a room. But it's lunchtime. And Dr L was still not here after like 15min. Were we supposed to wait...? Forgot if I went for lunch first or not, but anyway, he came after like a really long time. Meanwhile, I was doing that questionnaire and chatting with the vendor.
Dr L described to the vendor what he had in mind and left.
I looked at the vendor. He said it would be something that covers my waist and hips too, not just the legs. Sounds uncomfortable. He would come to my house for measurements soon.
Consultation Services (SC - RV) $85.00
X-ray
Lumbar Spine (Flexion And Ext) $55.00
Spine Scolisis -AP & Lateral $110.00
Subsidy -$117.00
Out of pocket $133.00
X-ray
Lumbar Spine (Flexion And Ext) $55.00
Spine Scolisis -AP & Lateral $110.00
Subsidy -$117.00
Out of pocket $133.00
When I was leaving the hospital, I found that I had a missed call. I tried calling back, but nobody picked up. Shrugs.
When I got home, I discovered that the Centella Asiatica ointment was freaking expensive! Centallase Ointment $16 Non-formulary Retail. Nearly 2x the price!! Different from what I have meh? I looked left right up down, but couldn't tell any difference from the box. Didn't dare to open the box. CPSS don't have copy order function meh?

No comments:
Post a Comment