The shortest, simplest itinerary of the trip!
5.45am - Rise and shine
In view of the time we spent dilly-dallying every morning, we had to be up earlier in order to get ahead the queue at Disneyland. Wearing contacts today just for Disney! We missed the Halloween theme, but it's Christmas theme now!
6.27am. Apart from towers, Japan also has many ferris wheels. The Diamond and Flower Ferris Wheel in Kasai Rinkai Park.
What's around us?
Room-cleaning included, don't waste! We hung the card requesting the room maid to clean the room on the door knob and left.
7.25am - Breakfast
No more cup noodles for breakfast. The stay was inclusive of breakfast. What's available?
Coffee, teabag, orange juice, think the brown jug was wheat tea, milk and soup (out of stock).
Various breads, butter, jam and potato salad.
I had tea and croissant with potato salad filling.
Waited for Sister to run to the toilet before we finally set off. If we could walk very much faster, we could still catch the bus, but I guessed not.
Just as we reached the busstop, the bus had left. We still remember that we dislike buses, but taking a bus to Disney was really the best for us, since we would be dropping right at the doorstep. Too bad. Look for the bus bay lor. Sister waited in the queue while I hid from the wind.
8.06am - Bus to Disneyland
Our bus, the 環七シャトルバス, came. It was already quite filled :(. The driver didn't offer any assistance when he saw me. Nevermind, Brother lifted me in with the wheelchair. Paid the ¥300 fare with Pasmo and our standing journey began. Sian lor, go holiday also need to squeeze bus. Weekday still so many people go Disney meh?
Passed by a few petrol kiosks on the way. I realized that was one thing we didn't see much in Osaka. People don't drive much there?
8.30am - Arrival at Tokyo Disneyland
I was hoping that our fellow passengers were heading for Disneysea instead, but alas, the bus almost emptied at the Disneyland stop. By the time we got off, they were nowhere to be seen.
Sister led us to the entrance where the longest queue since Nara Museum had formed. Whattt... sibei sian lor! Luckily we bought the tickets beforehand, else got to queue twice!
Ah wait! A staff saw us and directed us to the side... and let us in first! Yay! Headstart! Although it didn't take long for the kiasu sprinting Japanese to overtake us.
First picture of Disneyland. A bit botak.
9.10am - Big Thunder Mountain
Chionged here to ride without queuing as the queue growth will swell so rapidly that Fastpass wouldn't help much. Meanwhile, Sister raced to Space Mountain for the Fastpass.
I was half-expecting not to be allowed into the ride. I would need to walk a bit for the ride, as well as being able to evacuate on foot down stairs in case of emergency. So it was a no go. The staff very kindly helped me obtain a Guest Assistance Card. We would discover its super power in due time...
My siblings took turns to go on this highly-raved ride. As for me, I discovered the well-hidden toilet that remained deserted.
A sneak peek at the inside...
Before leaving the area, the staff asked where we were headed to. We said Space Mountain, and he informed us that I couldn't go on that too. What's worse was, he revealed that the same restrictions applied to most, if not all of the rides, to my aghast.
Sotong: So, what CAN I take?
Staff: All of them are like that! But please check with the staff at the ride.
Thanks, that was very helpful. Seemed they were only experts in their own rides. So disillusioned. If that was the case, I have to seriously reconsider whether my time would be better spent shopping in Shibuya (because it wasn't planned for) than see-no-touch. Sotong's face must be very black now. Brother just said that we will take a look around. O well.
Next, to Space Mountain! Passed by the Town Hall.
Just look at the crowd! The temperature was cool, above 15°C, but the sunlight was strong!
Posing in front of the landmark Cinderella Castle.
Employing the optical trick of forced perspective, the castle appeared larger than it really is.
The sight-seeing bus. Something I very much wanted to take when I was a kid.
9.50am - Space Mountain
Utilizing our 9.35am Fastpass! 不信邪, ask the staff whether I can go! For this ride, I had to walk quite a distance and stairs too. And no, I couldn't bring my wheelchair as far as possible and Brother couldn't carry me on the stairs, because in event of evacuation (again), I had to walk on my own. CRAP! Couldn't just let me up? Will so suay kana emergency meh? If I had known, it might have been more worthwhile to leave Disney out on the plan *sulks*
Even the Fastpass queue was long, so it was more practical to leave me somewhere while my siblings took the ride. So, I got parked at a souvenir shop with kids taking blue-screen photos, miserably blowing nose and dozing off.
One of the said long passageways.
Which led to the queuing area which has clearly anticipated a high rider volume.
The ride.
This ride was probably the most exciting by Disney standards, but both my siblings felt it was overrated.
See that line on the second storey of the building on the left? That's for Space Mountain. Now you get the idea.
10.30am - Filler Activities
Ok what's next for the Fastpass? Let's go for another popular ride, Monsters Inc. Ride & Go Seek! Those staff there didn't have a problem allowing me to take a chance with my luck. And no Fastpass needed! She asked for my Guest Assistance Card and gave me a timeslot. Cool! Now can get Fastpass for something else -> double Fastpass!
Outside Monsters Inc., Stitch was out for photo-taking! We stood around, watching kids taking turns to hug him and took us a long time to decide that we should join in too.
And then the session was over. Dang.
The Popping Pod! You might have guessed, it sells popcorn kiosk. Popcorns were highly-recommended. Many people were buying the large one which came in a bucket you could keep, but no thanks lah. It wasn't very tasty ley... so-so only.
Space-themed cafe.
Shall we go for a show? Not interested in Captain EO, starring Michael Jackson when he was still black.
Grand Circuit Raceway~ But this is no bumper car.
Slow-moving vehicles along tracks. No thanks ^_^;;
Cute, fluffy hats for sale. Many people were sporting them.
Make sure no loose foam before taking off...
We noticed the increasing number of people sitting along paths. They appeared to be reserving a prime spot for a parade. So kiasu!
We have come to Toontown. Many little houses to explore. I wonder if that tree with holes in the leaves was a leftover from Halloween?
Passed by Mickey's house where we could meet him, but the queue was insanely long. Although a visit is incomplete without a photo with Mickey, nevermind lah.
Visiting Minnie Mouse's House, but she's not in. A lot of kids were in, though.
Join her for tea!Apart from the colorful and oddly-shaped furniture, Easter eggs await discovery.
The working dishwasher.
The oven that actually bakes!I was planning to upload a video of the cake baking, but got lazy when I found the video wasn't small.
Where's the iPad 2 and iPhone 5? Out of touch with reality!
Donald Duck's ship. Couldn't go up at all.
Goofy's house under renovation :(I didn't know he likes gardening.
11am - Morning Parade - White Holiday
Music rang out and people rushed in the same direction. What was going on?
The morning parade had started! I didn't think I would be interested in it, but just take a look anyway. There wasn't much jostling for a position. Some mothers even had the decency to tell her standing kid to sit down.
The components of a parade - floats moving at snail's pace, the same music looping ad infinitum, performers who could wear a permanent smile, executing the same moves for kilometers and never seemed to get sick of it, and of course, the ultimate test on your knowledge of Disney characters (a.k.a. whether you have a childhood).
Tinkerbell and Peter Pan ice-skating on a float. Probably the most coveted role.
Buzz Lightyear and his little aliens. If aliens were really so cute, I wouldn't mind having one as a pet.
Fairies interacting with the children, got them really happy.
Characters from Winnie the Pooh...
No, wait, the stars of the show are on ice-skates too! This is the most coveted role! But hmm... with that bulbous headgear...
Oo delicious-looking!
Hohoho it's Santa!
11.30am - We've Got The Power!
The parade ended and the crowd dispersed faster than it has gathered. Check out the next popular attraction, Pooh's Hunny Hunt!Now, the first question to ask was whether I would be allowed on the ride. Encountered nice staff again, yeah! That was not all, they even gave us a time on our Guest Assistance Card! Which meant, this card is a multiple Fastpass on its own! Machiam adventure game, after every stage. you make a new discovery on the power of the charm you hold!
Ordinary Fastpass? O what trash!
To It's A Small World to try our luck...And we got a new entry on the Guest Assistance Card again *V* This is fun!
The time struck 11.45am. The theme music of It's A Small World played and the castle's facade sprang into life with people from all over the world.
Churros spotted! Sister read from an online review that the honey-lemon was to be avoided, but that was the only flavor available.Not bad what! Warm, crispy and sweet. We were beginning to think those reviews could not be trusted.
Clear skies, taking a direct hit of UV. Sun in my face + dry air + lack of sleep + lack of caffeine = Sotong was starting to find it difficult to keep her eyes open. I really need to zzz now!
11.42am - Alice's Tea Party
So far, we have been collecting Fastpasses. We should be playing something for real! Here's an attraction with long queue, but high turnover.Uh uh, no queue-jumping for us. We had to wait in the line like everybody else. And of course, I was allowed on the ride with no questions asked. If I couldn't even take this, I don't know what to say!
Ya ya, so Sotong's first ride of the day was a teacup.Alright lah, haven't gotten dizzy from non-alcoholic stimulus for a long time.
12.04pm - Filler Activities II
Late for our slot at Monster Inc., RUN!
When we got there, the staff told us very apologetically that it was out of order. Shock! Can out of order one ah! Is it very common?
They were working on it, not sure when it would be back though. Special offer for us, we can come back anytime we want! YAY!
Nothing much in the castle, a lot of shops lor. The mosaics depicting the story of Cinderella was more interesting.
It was really funny watching this couple and their toddler in Donald Duck costume. The child would relax and let his parents drag him along, his legs trailing behind.
Castle Carrousel, a no-no as there were horses only. I'm sure I could have managed, if only the horses weren't so high.
12.46pm - Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Emboldened by our successes, we attempted the next invasion.But the lady said no. WHY! Look at this photo, ok what! Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Monsters Inc. were ok, so why not them? *scowls* She declined and apologized again before walking away. As she did, Sister said,
"他们不好的!"
And she must have heard them, because she returned and said she would help us!! Wa 180° attitude change lor! Although she didn't know Chinese, looks like the Japanese have no problem with simple sentences lah! XD And so we were invited to the express queue, didn't even need to get a slot with the Guest Assistance Card!! Instant play! Just say they are no good LOL!
Happy riders!Us? We were the happy queuers!
And that's our car, Happy!Brother can get me in in under 10s! The only problem was the hard backrest ba, couldn't sit back at all.
1.20pm - Afternoon Parade - Jubilation
Parade again! Looked like a royalty-themed one. There was Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella
Pocahontas.Ok skip this parade, don't whole day watch parade lah! Also because we were standing near a graveyard, got pumpkins and tombstones nearby!
Kiddy rides. Don't think the giraffe is included.Lion King passing by...
Haunted-looking tunnel. Probably another remnant of Halloween.
Sister went to the Haunted Mansion while Brother and I waited. I think we went to get a hotdog or something.
BOO!
Splash Mountain, we didn't go.
Momiji in Disney! But these looked past season already.Got in-season one lah, but I think you have seen enough hor.
While Sister was in the mansion, Brother and I got some food... was it a hotdog?
Sister saw the snaking queue at this kiosk and went crazy! It's the smoked turkey leg she has been craving for since she last came.There was another kiosk with an also long, but faster-moving queue. Brother and I joined it. Only to learn that it selling some other thing... XD
Hot, juicy, well-marinated and tender. Mmm~
2.15pm - Mark Twain Riverboat
The longest ride of the day. No need to jump queue, because everybody could fit in. Like the ferry ride to Miyajima, most people chionged upstairs. Sister went up while Brother, I and turkey leg stayed below.
The turkey leg was so juicy that it dripped and left a stain on my jacket for the rest of the trip -_-
Furniture for passengers to sit and relax, but nobody except this lady was doing that.
O o somebody was coming down Splash Mountain!
So we had the recorded toot of the ship, with fumes which I hope was steam some aromatherapy.
Person waving us goodbye.
The ducks in the water were used to the ship. They siam when the ship came and swam back when it was gone.
Pocahontas' kampong which she would help to destroy later.
I don't understand why people would want to pay ¥5800 to kayak in Disneyland. Seriously, what were they thinking? *scratch head*
The engine. Probably just a steam blower now.
End of the trip. Just to give you an idea whether you can get upstairs without getting stuck.
Looks like the A&W ship in Sentosa right?
3pm - Pooh's Hunny Hunt
On our way to the next attraction, passed by a wayang.
The attraction's staff guided us to an area after the disembark point... why? As the line of empty cars moved along, all of the sudden, one of then did a sharp 90° left turn.And the staff invited us to board. O this was our special boarding point! *enlightened*
After an enjoyable ride, we didn't get off at the same spot as the others, but at that special boarding point again.
3.18pm - It's A Small World
At the fountain at the base of the castle where we were sitting, a duck had ventured far from the river. A Japanese couple was having fun teasing it. So cute! Until the duck was done pecking at the soil of the plants and pecked the man's shirt. Eww muddy shirt!The guilty duck.
The gates here were rather narrow. Fat people really cannot come orh. Weird that there's no special boarding point.
Floating through a river of joy and songs.
4.22pm - Monsters Inc. Ride & Go Seek!
Going back to check on the ride. Guess what we saw outside?Never saw so many prams in my life! Who said Japan doesn't have enough babies?
O yeah they were back online! We boarded at a special boarding area and zapped monsters! Thumbs for the interactivity! At the end of the ride, there was a huge flash and our unglam pictures were splashed on the screen outside for all to see and you to purchase. In the age of mobile devices, all we had to do was to take a screenshot.
Before we left, a photo of empty cars from a very privileged position.
4.53pm - Star Tours
A waxing crescent to remind us of the short days.
This could be something I could ride.Although it seemed empty, the staff told us to return later. So we went to get a churros first. Same flavor, but still good.
And we were back and queued like everybody else because a lot of people could go in at the same time.Not bad ah, got feelings of acceleration and deceleration. Rarely played this in Singapore as it's not free. This one also not free lah but... ya.
5.35pm - Filler Activities III
After the in-your-face sunlight was gone, it was chilly wind's turn. Starting to get cold!
Disney characters would pour out from the door sometimes, but it didn't happen while we were there.
5.40pm - Snow White's Adventures
I think this attraction was the last entry in the Guest Assistance Card, although I couldn't recall when we got it. Well anyway, here we were.
5.53pm - Filler Activities IV
A twisted house with everything strange. Home bomb-making, prone to accidents. We heard several explosions after pulling a trigger.A 10,000kg weight for you to challenge yourself in case you missed the staff at Kiyomizudera, and jail for you to practise jail-breaking.
Letterboxes for cartoon characters. Not sure if we can really deposit letters there.
Sister went browse the Disney shop. She was not taking a while like she said so Brother and I went in too since the wind was too much.Had fun trying the different hats and gloves. Nope I wouldn't buy anything! The gloves would really be wonderful... I'm freezing! But... *sighs and put tentacles inside pockets*
It's A Small World, night view.
The Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall. Dinner here?No! Because the parade was starting soon and we need to chope a place already!
7.30pm - Night Parade - White Holiday
Picked a random spot near the end of the parade route with passable view and rooted ourselves there. The wind was getting stronger and I was trying to go as deep into my jacket as I could and sealing any gap that wind might get to me. Nose dripping non-stop. Felt like 15°C or lower.
Now I wished I could zip all the way to my nose. Wear that Disney glove. Why did I leave the cashmere scarf and heatpack in the hotel just because all previous days were manageable? 冷死了...后悔!
Should I give the parade a miss...? Do I really like floats when I don't even go to see Chingay?
No, banish that thought! It's said to be a must-see!
Just as the parade was about to start, a staff saw us and said we couldn't be there, because I was on a wheelchair. I didn't understand why, but anyway, we had to move to the handicapped viewing area. It's wasn't too far, so we chionged over.
Wow, we were glad we did! First row seat, yeah!
Also first to get the wind! I really wanted to cover every exposed body part, but then I wouldn't be able to see, would I?
Here they come!
Actually I don't know who she is.It's really nice that the parade characters speak English.
I think human characters have it the hardest. Must act cute continuously, when people were just looking at you. And waving, at most.
Like Snow White, need to act princessy.
Probably the longest float, as there's 7 of them.
Live action! Captain Hook too cute lah! Not scary.
I don't know what this is, but it blew smoke!
I really don't mind such cute and harmless aliens.
The piggy bank should fart and spray some money. THAT's interactivity.
The compulsory Nemo, with friends behind.
Beauty and the Beast, dancing non-stop for the entire route.
Those eyes move!
Couldn't tell which duckling was uglier. All the same what.
Don't know who they are, but nice ship!
Shout "Let it snow!" and snow will really fall! In Tokyo, that hardly snows! That's why Disneyland is a place where all dreams come true.
We know the end is near when there's blatant advertising.I.T. company wor! Can consider joining. Advertising does work!
8.05pm - Filler Activities V
The parade had ended, but it wasn't the end of the day yet. Coming up, fireworks at 8.30pm. Which meant we had 25min to thaw ourselves >.< Quickly hid in a foodcourt. The bloody wind ah, getting stronger and incessant during the parade! Never been so cold in my life. Now even Brother didn't have enough heat to warm me. I want to eat ramen now. How fast the temperature can change! Ok let's go out for a brr walk and chope a spot for the fireworks. An announcement rang out park-wide... that the fireworks was canceled due to the wind!! :( And so it proved that the wind was really something. Tired and hungry... time to leave.
Tall Christmas tree. Didn't take photo under it like we did at Taka.
Long line for the balloons. Japanese parents really 舍得花钱 hor?
When can I stay at the Disney hotel?
On the way out...
The Mickey clock that Sister wanted to see.
8.55pm - Leaving Disneyland
Now to take a bus back. Where's our bus bay? Not mentioned on the main signboard. Our bus so unpopular? Couldn't recall where we dropped off in the day.
I wished this were our bus.The staff there wasn't very helpful. As if the place we were going to doesn't exist in Tokyo. So we had to read the signboard at every bus bay. It would have been easier if they had listed the name of the service instead of just the list of stops... see until eye pain.
So we found our bus bay and the bus was already half-filled with people from Disneysea. Got to stand our way back... zzz.
9.50pm - Dinner
Alright, back at Kasai. What's for dinner? Something hot and quick so I could be back in a heated room. After walking around undecided, we picked the ramen shop opposite our hotel, which my siblings both never noticed.
So happy to be in a heated room again! I didn't take off my gear despite Sister's urging as I was too too too cold.
The shop was manned by men who looked a bit beng... black shop or not? The waiter served us iced water promptly. The menu was the plainest, nothing fancy, so it's just charsiew ramen for me.
This was when I noticed that the icecubes had black streaks in them. Eww! I don't wanna get sick! Anyway I couldn't take anymore cold stuff lah, so I asked for hot water instead.
Our ramen, extra charsiew and taugeh.The soup's color weird weird one ley... taste also weird. Happy that it came with a lot of onion though. The extra charsiew was cold. Was it supposed to be like that? The taugeh was overcooked.
Halfway through eating, I was finally overheating. Gear off...
We... won't be back again... hah.
Then to the convenience shop nearby for beer and back to the warmth of our room! The room was spick and span! Rubbish emptied, new toilet paper, pyjamas, bed made, tea refilled... felt so pampered!
Needed to pack our bags for tomorrow too. The tv was too boring lah, all cannot understand. Ads better.
Disneyland had successfully defused initial frustration and allowed me to enjoy the rest of the day. Well-done!
Here's the Guest Assistance Card and a Fastpass.
The Japanese are very considerate with the barrier-free toilet. They never use it unless they had to. I never had to wait for my turn except once, when it was occupied by a couple with their baby in pram, apologizing so profusely that I was feeling guilty for being outside.
The Great East Japan Earthquake had happened after our visit. I appreciate better the need for emergency evacuation plans, as earthquakes are unpredictable. But still... sotong got so suay one meh? :( Holidays also never rain heavily... so far.
























































































































No comments:
Post a Comment