Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Japan - Day 14 - Singapore

Summary of itinerary: Don't have lah :\

12.30am - Take-off
The plane raced forward, leaving beautiful memories behind. We were seated at the centre row this time. I peered outside the windows for a last look, but it was all pitch-black. For the first time, my ear refused to pop while the plane was ascending. Argh!

Watch movie? Nah, so bloody tired, that I just dozed off. Not for long though, as the stewardesses began shuffling and moving stuff in the gallery. Supper time! Well, I'm too tired to eat, but 不吃白不吃. Moreover, I figured it could be more problematic when the overloaded stewardess kept thinking they missed me out.
Shit, I was so sleepy that I didn't even remember what I had. I only remembered refusing the caffeine and requesting for juice instead. Those SQ girls were so busy that 2 of them never remembered my straw.

Since the food's here, I'll watch a movie while eating. Something I would never download? Ah check out the Bollywood musical-movies! There's a slapstick comedy about a goondo superhero whom the folks in the movie didn't quite like. The male lead was erm, ugly, a probable contributing factor to his unpopularity. Anyway the movie was just lameness and more lameness, so I gave up 5min later.

Next.. how about 翡翠明珠, lame Chinese comedy?
Ok... the poster looks unconvincing, but yeah, it's lame! More palatable! I guess I didn't have the taste for Indian lameness. I thought of staying up to watch it since I can catch up on the sleep later, but cannot lah, I'm already feeling like I haven't slept for days (cumulatively) and I could fall asleep after being quiet for 10s. Ok, later then.

Zzz...

Not for long! It was a bumpy flight with quite a few turbulences. Got sian of buckling and unbuckling my seat belt that I just left it on in the end.

Before my food had even left my stomach, it's now time for BREAKFAST. I think it must be like 4am or something? Same reason as above, just eat lah.
Cooked salmon? Nooo... omelette for me please! I suspected the caffeine would be ineffective at this stage of sleep deprivation, but I shan't take any chances. Juice again! 翡翠明珠 on the side!

This meal was actually pretty good. The salmon was too dry for my liking. Too full for the cupcake, so I dapaoed it heehee.

Then it's back to sleep peppered with turbulences. I think even got thunderstorm?

The next thing was, the plane was going to land already and the sky was bright. Why does the weather look HOT??


6.55am - Back On The Ground
7hr 25min later, it's back to realityland.Last to get off as usual. Got my beloved wheelchair back. Remembering the time I returned from Taiwan, the service quality this time was of a different league. So, business class next time?

Went toilet, which was in no way comparable to Japan's... We were probably all looking unkempt, smelly and oily from not bathing for the past 1.5days (eww). I would surely look ridiculous with my fluffy smurfy snow cap in sunny Singapore (morning sun's blasting too). But got aircon mah... Heck, just look unglam lah! I don't think I'll be back anytime soon, low chance of getting recognized.

Reunited with our luggage. Last perk-me-up - shopping at DFS! Fragrance (still overpriced), cosmetics (still overpriced) and branded bags (dear, remember you have an Agnes B in the trolley!) have no hold over me. The 3 seemingly intoxicated 酒鬼 (actually just not walking straight from deprived sleep) dived straight into the booze pool. We were so going to finish our quota!

Why was the DFS so empty? Where's our fellow travelers from the same flight? Can just leave our trolley outside unattended, how wonderful!

Brother commented that stuff were generally cheaper in Japan. If only we knew.

Checked out the skincare. Aiyoh... so expensive! *got money to buy drinks that will be gone in 1 night, but make so much noise about skincare that lasts 1 year*

More chances at becoming a Changi millionaire. *Filled in the forms*

Now we have more bags than arms. We will think about how to get them all home when the trolley's gone... ha ha ha.

What's next? Breakfast? Still full! And only got Mc, not so keen. Actually all I wanted was to sleep. So we took the airport limo. No choice, but it didn't feel so expensive when it's a flat fee with no surcharges. Peak hour now leyyy later jam at TPE then jialat.

Out to the non-aircon boarding point. HOT! About 26°C.

On the way home... jam what? Jam was on the opposite side of the road! Zzz all the way.

Reached! Siblings moved the stuff (including me) up in batches. House still looked the same. Great!

Think I would have forgotten how to walk had the holiday been longer. Bathed. Brushed teeth. Dried my hair. Said hello in fb. Good morning world, time for some catching up with sleep. Luckily we took leave from work. We would never have survived the day had we been misers.

Woke up for lunch. Glad I still love hokkien prawn mee, although I wouldn't mind if it were ramen. Sushi even better. I want salmon belly.

It's not our imagination, but it really was a hot day. 32°C at 2pm. Thank goodness for aircon.

More sleep required. Tomorrow's Hari Raya Haji. Proud of my excellent planning!

No comments: