Monday, February 25, 2008

Breaking the Inertia

Over the weekend, heard a gossip about Ass See Ass going to buy over National Cockup Schedules. Tried to verify from Mr J, who denied it, saying such word, and the opposite has been going on since dunno when. He mentioned that National Cockup Schedules is not in a very good shape, having made a loss and the CEO stepping down.

PM in a meeting till almost 11am. Reminded her about our appointment, but she said she's busy, but still found time to go out for lunch :\ Lunch more important than me! Like this sure cannot give reply today already lor.

Only got to meet her at 3pm.
Me: What are the plans for me after the expiry of my contract?
PM: We will extend it.
Me: (Sounds like a standard reply?) Still on contract basis? Can convert to permanent?
PM: I don't think so.
Me: O. Not at all?
PM: What would you do
Me: (只好以quit相逼了! But throw 1 bomb first, save the other for when I throw letter.) I might resign.
PM: Hmm let me ask the Manager then. Have you talked to him about this before?
Me: I have raised it to him, but we haven't discussed.

Ok. Manager went out already, so I don't think they would talk today. Tomorrow talk, 1 day to think. So reply by Wednesday? How to drag reply for 2 more days?? Help!

With M's suggestion, I self-issued 2 days MC and told National Cockup Schedules that I would be able to discuss with my boss only when I return to work on Wednesday. You can never have too many 损友s.

From Mr R, the guy who helped me submit my resume, I learned that an old bird from my previous company is joining them too, to the same project. I will get to work with him if I accepted the offer.

I feel that AiFalm has a brighter future ley... and it has been profitable. The people are nice, although they are mostly ah nehs, so I don't click so well with them. But the horrible thing about here is that they like to 拖拖拉拉 on HR matters. Last year, 3 weeks before the expiry of my contract, nobody seemed to know about it. I signed the renewal contract only like 1 week after the start date and I had half a mind to disappear until the contract was signed. This year, the same thing happened to an IA student they are absorbing. Then, I found that my RO should have received a notification 2 months before the expiry. Knowing my RO, I trust him to have escalated to the Manager, but he is still dragging his feet. Maybe he feels that inaction will solve problems? Like, drag till the last minute, I will be so desperate that I will accept all the terms in the offer? So sian lor, have to resort to all these to stop the inertia, on my boss' part and my part too. Better offer me perm now, so it will be the last time I have to do all these things. Or I won't stop trying to leave.

I don't know who is the last developer they converted. I thought they are expanding the team? Maybe they mean the outsourcing to country C and by contract staff locally. If no perm, how?

If only here is like Acensor, which thinks money will solve all problems. People throw letter, offer more money, so automatic.

National Cockup Schedules... tempting offer, work with familiar people, nearer to home. But I can't help but feel they are desperate. The horrible interview too. I don't know if I will die of overwork. I don't know if I'll still have a job after the contract for this project expires, like what happened in my previous job.

If I really throw letter, 2 weeks buy out + 7 days of leave = 3 days to last day! How to bring all my stuff home?

No comments: