2005: Job too eng, a waste to take leave. Colleagues treated me to Cafe Cartel and super alcoholic cake. Anyway I was going to Ikoi in the evening, can go straight from work.
2006: Job too eng, a waste to take leave. Colleagues treated me to Gelare because it's Tuesday -_-;; But add this add that, also ended up quite ex lah.
2007: Went to work on this annual event, just like the previous years. Not that I like to bully myself, but I could make full use of time the if I were to "postpone" it to Friday. Taking leave on a Wednesday is such a waste. Wake up at 11am, and have to make sure I get back by 11pm and be in bed asap so I can still make it through the day with a cup of coffee the next day. So there.
The day was ok. Solved a few problems and let myself home earlier than usual. 7.30pm, that is. W sent me a mms with an animation of a cake. I couldn't play the song that came with it. Must be the phone. It made me think if I should get a cake, but... I think no need lah.
O the stupid Citibank called me about you-know-what again. But I forgot to scold them. Next time. Sure got next time.
When I got home, I saw an envelope on my table. My spree item has arrived! So 准! It's as if I sent a present to myself.
As I had guessed, my brother got me a cake :D After allowing my dinner to settle further down, it's time to
The mmm~ chocolate cake. Only remembered to take photo of it after I started eating, so pardon the dirty and obviously licked spoon. Very moist! The biscuit-like sticks on top are actually sugar.
HSBC sent me a "present" too. I had a late charge dated exactly on my birthday. How cool is that huh. It's my own fault. I did try to pay last month, but didn't notice that the bank transfer didn't go through because I busted the daily transaction limit. But actually, it's the bank's fault too, for not displaying the warning in font 30, bold, red and flashing. I shall act apologetic and ask them to waive the charge. Else I shall transform into an unreasonable bitch and threaten to cancel my card. Heehee! But before that, I shall redeem all my points with Haagen Daz vouchers. Like, $60 worth.
So on Friday, I slept till almost noon and headed to Pasta de Waraku at The Central for lunch. The loooong wait was worth it, although it could have been avoided by waking up earlier. Tasty corn soup. Creamy, filling pasta. A half-portion pasta coming with a whole egg. Reasonable pricing. What more can I ask for? Too bad the desserts are limited and don't look interesting.
Then I went to Vivocity for the first time when shops are actually open. Tried Starbucks' Azuki Frappucino. Nothing special. In fact, I felt it tasted the same as the Mocha Frappucino, just that there were bits of red bean to nibble on. It was too sweet although I didn't put whipped cream. Coffee Bean's promotion looked better.
Bought 2 pairs cheap earrings at Harbourfront. Dapao Shih Lin's oyster mee sua to try and went home. Because not hungry enough for dinner :|
Settled my card! All it took was part 1. It's as if it's their company to waive by default. Phew.
No comments:
Post a Comment