Went to the AMK Hub branch for my belated birthday celebration with my JC class. Wanted to go to NYNY, but they were so yaya that they wouldn't seat us if the majority hasn't arrived, hence the change of plans.
I was late. Got out of the house late because my dad was still bathing -_-;; but might as well, so I wouldn't have to queue. Then the lousy carpark was full as usual so we couldn't get in. And which idiot designed that building? The interior is handicapped-friendly, but what good is it when there isn't any handicapped access to get into the building? All I could see is stairs man! Maybe they thought the travellator was a good idea, but sorry, it's not.
The nice thing about 三盅两件 was they allowed us in although attendance wasn't full yet. Got 稀客! I haven't met CX since we finished JC can! And there's HY, it's been almost 1 year.
One must place order with a firm mind. There were 2 versions of the 10-man meal. I think the cheaper one has no dessert or something and some of the dishes are different, but I had no idea how much better the food would taste for that premium, so we decided on the cheaper one. But the waitress was well-trained. She persuaded us to upgrade our meal as our chosen set serves pork bone soup (iirc) while the set she's recommending serves freshly boiled chicken soup, which they just cooked today. Also we would get dessert. So we were just looking at one another and she promoting the dishes, until someone said ok and the rest followed suit. :|
The chicken soup came. Sweet and fragrant, delicious chicken wing. Breast meat was tough, but it's breast meat what. Ok, sounds like a better deal than the other whatever soup (Look, I don't even know what soup and I'm comparing. Ha.ha.).
O yeah the Samsui chicken. Wrap it up with a piece of lettuce, put some sesame oil-soaked ginger and eat! Salty, tender and BONELESS.
There was a super oily potato leaves (all vegees outside are oily, so I'm cool), a freaking big steamed fish, fried rice (bowl filled to the brim OMG!) and some other dishes. Dessert was white fungus with ginko nuts.
We are (nearly) all in our mid-20s and can't really eat anymore. I barely touched my rice (sorry...).
Tricks to make us go away soon
- Serve the dishes fast and furious -> no space for the incoming dishes -> discard unclaimed food
- When a dish was 3/4 gone, come to ask if we still want it, then while we stun, collect the plate
- If more than half the people have put down their chopsticks after the last dish, clear the table of everything. No bowl, no chopstick left behind. You can't resume eating even if you want to. Ask to serve the dessert. The slow-eaters will catch the hint and discard their food.
- Do the same for the dessert.
So ya, I'm a slow-eater. If given time, I could have at least finished my portion. Didn't even finish my dessert. Boo. The food is nice, but could have been better if I could savour in peace.
After we got out, I noticed that there was still a queue. Afterall, it's 8.30pm only.
Walked around as some of the guys wanted to buy things. E and S bought Anderson's ice-cream and said it wasn't tasty. Noted.
No comments:
Post a Comment