So, I still have not joined the public sector.
While people are at school or stuck in office, I'm slacking at home! :D I have given myself 1 week to rest and relax. Afterall, my longest continuous break to date is 4 days since I started working. It was 2 days of weekend + 1 public holiday + 1 MC. See, I don't even want to burn my leave.
Now I wished I had asked for 2 weeks.
Guess I won't be going anywhere. I can't do anything in neighbouring countries. Don't wanna fight with horrible people from country C in Taiwan/Hongkong since it's their golden week. But most importantly, no time to plan and no money. Sianz. I think my first proper tour in my life will be at least another 5 years away. But maybe by then, I will not be interested in tours anymore. So... I should continue accumulating money till I have so much that I can go to a place alhough I'm not remotely interested in visiting it. This scenario might happen a few decades later.
Some statistics
17 companies (at least)
7 interview invitations
5 interviews attended
2 offers
1 week's compensation and 1 week of holiday. Net gain: $0.00
Some awards
Most Stupid Application Form: Am Want
It has a cool feature that calculates your age as you enter your year of birth. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on firefox properly, insisting that I'm -76 years old and doesn't allow manual change.
So I decided to use IE instead, but unfortunately (again), the page forwarding for that position was malfunctioning. Instead of showing me the application form when I clicked on Apply Online, it told me, "Please use Main Am Want Career Site". Cannot apply using IE, not working properly on firefox, how? I chose the lesser of 2 evils and sent in an application stating my age as -76.
Needless to say, there is no reply from Am Want. They wouldn't want to employ someone living in the past.
Company With the Tightest Purse string: Aquaria
2.6k as their best offer, 1 year contract with no guarantees for what happens after that. I understand their reasons, considering their size. Luckily I did not give in to desperation.
Most Insulting Company: Ass See Ass
For subjecting me to a technical test when a fresh graduate didn't have to do one.
The Bone Devourer: Ass See Ass
For offering me $100 more than what they offered a fresh graduate and having the cheek to tell me it's competitive.
Slowest Company: Am Oh Ee
This is not a private company, but perhaps this is why it has the qualities to win this award. Assuming they did not backdate the letter they sent me, they took 3 working days to send out that letter, and 6 working days to reach me.
For goodness' sake, if you are going to be so slow, might as well be like the rest, don't reply!
Most 不可貌相 Company: Aitee Too One
The look and feel of its website is unmistakenly from 10 years ago. There was no evidence that the information I required was up-to-date. I even spotted some out-of-date information. I had mentally prepared myself for my email application to end up as a wake-up call to them that they their website is in neglect. What a surprise that the position is still open!
Most Irritating Application Form: Hedge Pee
I gave up after writing a crappy cover letter. Must fill in so many things about myself and to por the company when I have only heard horror stories about there. Forget it.
Ok should stop awarding now, or else will be like 分猪肉 like the Star Awards.
No comments:
Post a Comment