A table next to the window and far from the aircon vent :)
Surrounded by 2 China guys :(
No personal telephone and dustbin.
A pc that looks older than the ages of my 3 pcs combined, that runs Windows 2000 (I wonder why...), big fat 17" CRT monitor, no D:, only C:, has only 7GB left when I laid my hands on it, no USB and earphone ports in front. Don't know if there's any USB port behind in the first place.
I was given a walkthrough of the application. Looks chim man. Congrats to myself for not falling asleep while listening. I merely yawned for the last 30min.
Next was a meeting to discuss the PRs. It doesn't look good when there's a whole list of outstanding PRs on my first day, but it seemed most of them were just solved but unclosed, or people already know what to do with them.
There were 10 people at the meeting. 2 China guys, 1 India Indian lady, 2 young-looking girls and the rest middle-age-looking men. At least the PM (I think he's the PM) still can look.
During the meeting, there was a power trip which spared only the lights and the aircon, so I guessed it's someone in our office. Since the projector was dead, we couldn't go on, so the PM let us off for an early lunch.
It's 12 anyway, early meh...
Anyway, the people dispersed for their own lunches. Looks like the team is not very gum one. Sianz.
My choy fun cost a freaking $3.50! It's a 75% increase from the past!!!
After I received a reminder email not to install pirated software, a senior came to help me install MyEclipse, requiring the use of a generator to generate you-know-what.
The power tripped again for a split second while I was installing weblogic. Balek install... It killed the PSU of a server.
I suspect it can't play music when I heard the pc speaker tooting away and the volume control function invalid.
After I was done installing for the day, I think there was like 2GB left. 2GB of music is definitely not enough. How depressing.
The pc froze twice today for no reason. I had to restart it each time. While using Eclipse, it ran out of memory.
CMI!!
No comments:
Post a Comment