18 September, Interview @ Ass See Ass
Aquaria called me in the morning but I missed it. I hesitated to call back because I had no answer for them. I did eventually out of courtesy, but no one answered. Good. I had nothing to say anyway. But I wondered why nobody answered everytime I called. Did I do it wrongly?
Security at Scenery building is so slack. I dropped off at the basement carpark, walked through Ass See Ass' glass door and I could have walked right into the office area or helped myself to some free coffee at the pantry, but interviewee cannot be so rude, right? So I called my interviewer and went back to where I should be - the Ass See Ass' reception.
I was shown to a meeting room and a rather informal interview with 2 interviewers began. We started with the face-to-face talk! Did that mean no test? *Yay*
We talked about my work and studies. They asked for my transcript and started scrutinizing it, asking me how I found CS1101, CS1102 and CS2103. OMG it's the first time I ever came across an interviewer who studied transcript like that! Luckily I can still remember the module codes :P Turned out that one of the interviewers was an ex-course coordinator -_-;;
It was a maintenance position again. It sounded like they needed a runner to do debugging at Therestar.
When we had no more questions for each other, they produced a test paper -____- Insult me again... fresh grad dun need to do test, why I need?
The questions looked the same as one year ago. But I think still flunk lah, how can I remember the answers? And I'm not the kind to find out the answer because I would have forgotten the questions by the end of the test.
I asked if I could have a reply the next day as I already have an offer. Of course that's asking for the impossible.
After that, I was quite certain that I would reject Aquaria. I don't think I wanted to slave for a bit more money, which would go to the gahmen in the form of ERP. But the thought of lengthening the period of uncertainty made me want to accept. I flip flopped several times in the span of one night.
To take or not to take?
19 September, Extension
Aitee Too One invited me for an interview. If I accept Aquaria, I would not need to go for interviews anymore.
After talking to Mr K and Ms R, I decided to buy myself some time by asking for an extension and higher pay. I was offered $100 more (sigh) and one more day to consider.
20 September, The 负心人
No Lousy Books invited me to an interview! Suddenly, I felt that the pasture seems greener the more I walk. I accepted both Aitee Too One and No Lousy Books' interviews and rejected Aquaria.
Why sell my soul for a bit more money in exchange for experience in a field that I don't want to be in forever? I should make full use of what I got from this retrenchment to get a better job. My bosses are behind me. I don't know if I would ever get such a chance again.
I tried contacting Mr R, who has been retrenched too, to see if he would like to join Aquaria. Ya I'm telling only now. I'm another selfish person.
I applied for See Ass AiTee. Looks like a nice place.
22 September, Catching Up
Ass See Ass asked me if I had accepted Aquaria. I told them that I had rejected. Hmm... does the sudden concern mean there's hope? But with No Lousy Books, Ass See Ass doesn't seem so attractive anymore.
Aitee Too One is housed in an area with unfriendly terrain. When I walked in, the whole place was very quiet, with 2 or 3 people chatting in a room. Like nothing to do one?
My interviewers were 2 ladies, 1 of them being my former Maths teacher in sec2. When she saw which school I came from, I told her she taught me before. Hehe quite an effective ice-breaker. We talked more about my life than my work. And I admitted that I knew it was her who corresponded with me. But I didn't say that I knew she's here all along.
But too bad the work don't seem to suit me ley. Got to do actionscript, research on hp games and other mobile stuff, and work with ah nehs! They have plenty there, she said -___-;; Not that I'm xenophobic, but I think I might not be too gum with them lor, like that very lonely what. And it also means the salary cannot be high here...
The killer question was how much my expected pay is. With the point above clouding my mind, I said:
2.6-2.7
!!! Walau I siao liao! What was I thinking! Boohooohoo! I think this one no hope liao. They offer I also cannot accept liao.
I was told they would take about one week to get back to me. They are looking at a few candidates. If I were selected, I would have to go through a round 2 with my ex-sec sch vp whom I have no impression of, and some other members of the co.
Huh still have a few people apply here ah? I thought the recruitment page looks like a neglected one from a few years ago.
Sigh, No Lousy Books, please save me.
No comments:
Post a Comment