My decision to leave was sealed after I got my increment because it made me realise the company was seriously in a very bad shape. But I did not reveal my intention to anyone else at work, except Mr K, because we feel the same. I wasn't sure about the others, so better :x And I still didn't tell them this is why I am fine with the culling.
Before I got that letter, I had been thinking if I should let anyone know my intention, for people might be offended if they got to know about it after I had tendered. Hey, they are contacts I have acquired with 2yrs of my life ok. How I was going to be thick-skinned to ask for a testimonial after leaving the guys in the lurch? And who could I ask to be my referees?
Now, I would be through 2 jobs without writing a single resignation letter. I can march up to my supervisors and ask them to write me a testimonial and be my referees. Suddenly I have people coming to me with lobangs :D
I found out that at the department meeting, the people were told that the company had retrenched a few people, but would keep their identities a secret.
So much for secrecy, when people from other departments can walk by and see for themselves. The management must have thought people only eat during lunch, or that there's no inter-departmental interaction. People up there must have been up there for too long and forgot how's life like down below. News diffuse efficiently!
The DH also told everybody to believe in the company.
OMG. I smell hypocrisy.
I have heard that the person taking over my work is thinking of leaving too. Good luck, everybody.
I'm considering including this picture in my farewell email:
No comments:
Post a Comment