Sunday, October 25, 2015

Balenciaga Classic Mini City

When somebody is going to France, you do NOT just ask them to bring back beauty products and food only! It's a chance to get my first luxury bag!

I am looking for a slingbag, that's easy to maintain and not too expensive. It should be large enough to hold my Agnes B wallet (yeah it's still around), phone, tissue paper and comb.

Longchamp is my first choice. It's like an entry-level brand that still has some level of prestige to it. Sadly, I didn't find any design that I fancied. Too small and I didn't like the thin shoulder strap.

Tried looking at LV, Prada, Gucci and Chloe. Nope, no matches. I need something more casual!

Balenciaga caught my attention. I have never really looked at it, but it might actually suit me. They have a bag size that suits me, not too pricey, easy to maintain and it's pretty! And cute! And has a shoulder strap too!! What more could I ask for?

I checked out the physical product. Yup, I still like it. Not those latest season ones though, too expensive. I just asked Brother to get me a Classic Mini City in either black or blue. Yeah yeah I'm super boring lah. Because these colors are easier to match than those funkier ones mah. I'm not so rich to get the same bag in different colors just to match my clothes lor.

Price:
Item: €812.5
VAT(20%): €162.5
Rack price: €975
VAT refund: €117
Final price: €858 (~S$1373)

Unboxed!
I think it came with a box. If it did, I must have allowed Brother to throw it away in France. No point bringing it back anyway. However, I made him bring back the paper bag. For what, I don't know. It's just gonna be ill-treated hahahha.
Back to my bag~

Comes with a mirror. But it sits so snugly in the front zipper that I don't think I will ever use it. Really, does anyone use it?
CUIR TEXTILE: AGNEAU -> leather textile: lamb. Yup, it does have a meh meh smell! So muttony!
PLEINE FLEUR ANILINE -> full-grain aniline. It means top-quality leather! Check out Wikipedia. Wow I didn't know that! I only know it's lamb skin. Buying blindly lor.
DOUBLURE: TEXTILE -> lining: textile
BIJOUTERIE: LAITON -> jewelry: brass. This is the regular Hardware also known as the classic aged brass hardware.

A piece of leather for me to test products on.

I like it that the bag is so soft and it's not very heavy. All the stuff I need, fit in the bag. The zips are a bit hard to pull. I thought branded zips should be smoother ley. why like that ah?

Actually, the least favourite part of the bag was the leather tassels, although it's supposed to be Balenciaga's signature. It's so gonna be ill-treated by me. And I have read about them getting torn. Let's see how long mine will last.

To keep it in shape, I stuffed a bundle of timely bubblewrap.

Happy!

No comments: