Saturday, September 06, 2014

iHerb Snackin'

Mother needed to restock her vegetarian glucosamine, so I bought something to top-up to USD60 to qualify for 5% discount.

Kettle Foods, Potato Chips, Honey Dijon, 5 oz (142 g)
USD2.72
STAAHHP! I know what you are gonna say! I know this thing is available in Singapore and works out to be about the same price! But I have never tried it before and it's going to be delivered to my doorstep, so why not?

Verdict: Nice and salty, but so oily! How does this belong in iHerb? Just because it says "natural" on the packet? iHerb, I thought you are better than this!

I really don't like oily chips... so I won't buy this again.

Danielle Chips, Roasted Coconut Chips, 2 oz (56 g)
USD3.12
Coconut, coconut everywhere. Coconut is da in-thing now. I bought it to see if it might be a product Mother would carry. How does coconut chips look like?

Photo courtesy of... somewhere in Google.
There you have it. It looks like cheese flakes. Has some coconut smell when you chew it, has the crispy texture that chips ought to have. I thought the added sweetness made it a bit weird. But I wasn't sure if I would like it if it were saltier. Not sure if Singaporeans would like it. Not to mention that it's expensive. Guess not.

No comments: