But parents are not invited. They are not free anyway *excuses*
In order to make this not look like a birthday outing, Brother bought a fruit cake for a mini celebration at home yesterday.
![]() |
| Incomplete without booze! |
What a crowd at the zoo! Let's get lunch first. Not so hungry ley, anyhow eat something first. Ah Meng Kitchen lor, serving affordable local delights. I had mee siam. Too bad it's outdoor seating only. Bloody hot! Luckily I wore a sleeveless top. Good chance to store up some vitamin D.
Shades and caps on, mosquito patches stuck, go!
First up, the 12.30pm Rainforest Fights Back Show at the Shaw Foundation Amphitheatre. We noticed the kiosks selling drinks and popcorn at cut-throat prices. Gonna be drinking tap water the whole day! Hope there are water coolers around.
There are reserved spots for wheelchairs at the top. Very thoughtful!
Very enjoyable! Noticed mynahs swooping down on the food bits left behind by spectators. Smart guys! So they have identified fixed feeding sessions.
We saw another show, the 3.30pm Elephants at Work & Play Show at the Elephants of Asia. The show was already starting, so the area was already full. Hard to find a spot with unblocked view for me :(
We waited to see if the elephants pooped during the show - the only thing we remembered from the last time we saw the show, still with our parents. Well, one did, again. Couldn't help but suspect that it's all part of the script...
Animals still stink.
Had KFC for snack. Ordered so much food?! Mmm iced drinks are shiok!
Much of the zoo is sheltered by huge trees. Most enclosures are wheelchair-accessible too. Plenty of clean, wheelchair-accessible standalone washrooms available.
Got to hurry up coz we still have the River Safari!
The highlight is actually the pandas. And their aircon enclosures.
Good life lor, frolicking around its food all day long. Managed to see only one panda as the other was being anti-social and hiding in its room. Not to worry, got CCTV, showing us how pandas sulk.
We didn't take the boat ride coz it's not covered under the pass :P
The River Safari is really small lor... we were done pretty fast. Sat in aircon thinking where to go for dinner. A lot of places are not near Brother's girlfriend's home. Haiii here cannot there cannot, ok lor, go Causeway Point lor. I haven't been there since university I think.
What a long queue at the taxi stand!
And then... WHY CAUSEWAY POINT IS SO DAMN CROWDED? The wait for the lift was a nightmare. Seriously, people should just take the escalator! So long they also want to wait, so lazy!
Luckily toilet no need to wait. Got to wait long long for food though. Got a queue number at Watami and Brother left Sister and I to wait :| I haven't been here for like 10 years, shouldn't I be the one going jalan jalan? O well, not when I'll be spending 30min waiting for the lift :\
I think we over-ordered again. So many eggs that we didn't cook it all. Should we take them home?
Brother left earlier to see his girlfriend home. After dinner, Sister and I took a walk around the mall, which has a very much thinner crowd by now. The shops started pulling down their shutters not long after. Nothing else left to see, so we went to queue for a cab. Long queue!
It's our turn already but there was still no sight of Brother. When we were done even with the waiting, there's nothing left to do. Guess we should leave first... should have just let us know if he's going to take this long. Almost did, but he arrived in the nick of time.
Tiring! Even though I was just sitting. Luckily there's still Sunday.









No comments:
Post a Comment