Saturday, April 19, 2014

iHerb - Joints, Skin, Food

Mother complained of aching joints and the polyclinic doctor prescribed glucosamine, but those dispensed were not vegetarian. Hence the search for vegetarian alternatives online. Being a lazybum, I went back to iHerb again. I briefly considered Vitacost, but their shipping cost is too prohibitive.

For the sake of 5% discount for orders over USD60, I added a lot of other items into the shopping cart. Classic case of spending more than intended.

I placed the order on 6 Apr and the delivery arrived on 11 Apr. 5 days... ok lah.

It's not too difficult finding the most affordable vegetarian glucosamine product off iHerb because there are not many choices. In non-vegetarian formulas, it's various permutations of glucosamine, MSM and chondroitin. Chondroitin is out of the equation because an affordable vegetarian option doesn't exist yet. There have seen products highlighting that their glucosamine is from a vegetarian source, but conveniently left out the MSM and chondroitin. Misleading, eh?

Now Foods, Glucosamine & MSM, Vegetarian, 240 Vcaps
USD25.48
For Mother~

Bought for Father too.
Doctor's Best, Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM, 240 Capsules
USD26.99
His current brand is too expensive for him to take the full recommended dosage, so I got this for him to top up the recommended dosage. If this works just as well, he could switch over totally.

Mother bought a 500g packet of tri-color quinoa for $10.80. I tried looking for a cheaper alternative.
Ancient Harvest, Quinoa, Harmony, Tri-Color Blend, 12 oz (340 g)
USD5.25
Costs $10.01 when converted to 500g. Slightly cheaper.

My stuff now!

Thayers, Witch Hazel, Alcohol-Free Toner, Lavender, 12 fl oz (355 ml)
USD8.60
I wanted to get a bottle of toner for the days that I run out of vinegar or water or just want to smell nicer. Actually, I wanted to buy the rose petal one since it's highly-raved. Unfortunately, it's been out of stock for a really long time :(

Not bad, smell is not too strong. Helps to freshen me up when I'm too lazy to wash my face.

Chocolove, Almonds & Sea Salt in Dark Chocolate, 3.2 oz (90 g)
USD2.99
My curiosity was piqued over this wildly-popular chocolate bar that's always either out of stock or not in shipping season. I managed to grab one this time!

*Picture not by me. I koped it*
Wow! The chocolate arrived intact! Only one corner was partially-melted and resolidified. I was expecting a sticky, messy glob. Simple dark chocolate with almonds and hint of salt. The salt helps to reduce the 腻 feeling, enabling me to eat MORE in one sitting :X Delicious! I'm getting more next time.

New item with trial pricing. Cheap for 2 sheets, so I dropped it into my cart.
United Exchange, Collagen Essence Mask, Natural Herb & Pomegranate, 2 Masks
Original USD2.95, Trial price USD0.50
Erm, I don't find anything special about it. Feels like 我的美丽日记 lor. Original price is exorbitant for its effects.

No comments: