Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Bad Service by SBS Transit

Happy day coz I'm on MC! As usual, I'm not sick lah. Having follow-up appointment with the rehab doctor at No Use Hospital.

As always, I take the opportunity to meet up with J over lunch. Gonna meet her at The Central.

I hit a roadblock at Dhoby Ghaut MRT while transferring to the NEL. The lift to NEL was on maintenance and the maintenance was nowhere to be found. No phone number to call. No alternative route. WTF? Did that guy go off to lunch or what? No notice about lift closure also. How irresponsible! How was I going to get to the hospital?

So, I went to find the guy in the first station control I came across. It's a SMRT guy and this poor guy was very irritated already. He must have been entertaining people like me for a long time, because he rattled off a well-rehearsed reply about how the lift is under SBS Transit, so all he could do was only to help to call SBS Transit.

At a loss of what to do apart from waiting at the lift. There were a few others who needed the lift too. Soon, that SMRT guy came to inform us that the lift will take 20min to open. What? By then, there would be no time for lunch already. And no guarantee that the guy will be on time.

A better idea is to change the lunch venue. I asked J to come over instead. We had yong tau foo at Dhoby Xchange. Reminds me of the days when she would buy YTF for me back in the office days. It's really hard to find a friend I can still have words for, despite not seeing each other for a long time. I lingered, despite knowing that I was going to be late.

The lift was operational by the time I was done. Phew.

I was late for my appointment, but the doctor was even later! Should have lunched longer.

I was supposed to go to Dhoby Ghaut for my haircut, but out of habit, I took the same direction towards home, which was the wrong direction! Argh realized too late! Bo bian, I dropped off at Bishan and went towards town again. Super late -_-;; 环岛追追追.

My stylist said they might be closing this outlet. And she might be transferred to another outlet. Should I persist with her, or find another stylist? :\

No comments: