Monday, July 22, 2013

Hokkaido - Aftermath

Summary of itinerary: Touchdown at Changi Airport, DFS shopping, go home, sleep, work

~03:30 Breakfast
Didn't get much sleep with a baby bawling for the whole duration. Fortunately, I was tired enough to get some sleep, just not the rejuvenating deep slumber. Maybe I would have been better off sitting at the 8th row :(

I know the flight will be coming to an end soon when it was time for breakfast. Pancakes! Haven't any for a long time. Again, I didn't try the flight's caffeine. So many SQ flights, yet I have never drunk their coffee and tea before. I must fly in the day some time... if I can bring myself to waste precious daylight on a plane :S Or just fly further away!
Yum yum the pancakes were fluffy! Drizzled ALL the maple syrup on them~ I saved the muffin, milk, jam and butter. Sorry, bread roll, I would love to take you along, but I can't. Took a nibble. Normal lah, but at least it's not rock-hard or what.

Grabbed as much sleep as I could with the remaining time. Baby still wailing at the top of his lungs.

The plane started descending...


~04:40 Landed
What! We landed earlier than scheduled? And a lot earlier, I remember. We were scheduled to arrive at 05:10. Fly so fast for what? I still wanna sleep!

Maybe it's a better idea to, you know, land earlier, get home earlier and sleep at home?

Ok, but I thought I could catch the sunrise from the plane... despite sitting at the centre.

A Filipino airport staff came to push me in the airport wheelchair. Huh... so cannot go shopping at DFS? Or she wanna come with us? So paiseh ley. She assured us that there's still shops after we have cleared immigration collected our luggage at the carousel. Ok cool!

Got back my wheelchair and our luggage. They must have been livin' it up, coz they have got business class tags on them! Wa through-train check-in, can sit business class wor! Why weren't the owners upgraded as well?

So successful at dehydrating myself that I still didn't feel like going to the washroom. Or it might be because I have been sitting for too long. And also because it might be messy. I would rather find out when I get home.

Shopped at DFS, for booze of course. I tried to look at the cosmetics, but the prices were such a put-off. Strange that I would pay more for booze with nary a blink, that's supposedly bad for the skin :P

Done. What now? Sister wanted to eat again (!!!), maybe Mac breakfast, but I seriously have no appetite. And I think I should go home and sleep coz I have to work in the afternoon. The limo service for a 7-seater has gotten ridiculously expensive - $60! Better to take 2 normal cabs. However, it wasn't 6am yet, so the midnight surcharge was still in effect. We decided to wait it out. A few more minutes only.

A queue magically formed at the cab line at 6am. The moment we walked out to the open towards the cab, the indescribable heat hit us like a truck! HOTTTT!! The driver who would be taking us, showed us how he could squeeze all of us, including our wheelchair, luggage and melons into a single car. Nice!!

Concussed in the cab.


~06:30 Home-sweet-home
Pleased to discover that the pad was really awesome despite its thinness. Funny that we must always come back with a pad from Japan. We might be using it very sparingly, like the last one. Coz it's like a souvenir LOL!

Sister didn't want to bathe, but I insisted. Never bathed for like 30hrs already, if you think about it! I feel oily all over! And I could feel a layer of plaque on my teeth, after all those sweet juices on the plane. But too cheapo to ask for plain water.

I have not informed my boss that I'm using today's leave for some other purpose. But wth, it's my leave and my prerogative on how to use it. SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP!


13:00 Work and the Annoying M1
5hrs is barely enough to recover from an exhausting holiday. Bo bian, not enough leave! Got to get on my ass and work :( As if this wasn't bad enough, the internet wasn't working. Can't quite remember, but M1 was supposed to fix it while we were away and guess they didn't. Damn irritating! I had to use mobile tethering and the 3G signal SUCKS in my room. Crap! Taking eons to download a few MB of emails. It's ok, took the opportunity to get a few minutes of shuteye.

Incidentally, we have run out of milk for making tea. Ehh cannot ah, I WILL DIE without caffeine! Fear not, the milk capsules koped from the flights to the rescue! Who said I'm being extra? So fast come into handy! *smug*

Heng nothing very much happened today, so I was able to get by in spite of my half-closed eyes.

No comments: