Really suay. Got tricky issue to investigate and taking so much of my time. Made worse when my concluded root cause was unexpected and unbelievable. Simulated it and attempted to convince my colleagues ad infinitum. Did all I could. All they had to do is to believe me.
Had dinner at home because there wasn't something I really would like to try at the airport. Didn't want to go so early also. Bathed, made sure the phone and toothbrush were fed. Double-checked that I brought my excuse card for setting off the metal detector. Sister took MRT to the airport because she didn't want to spend on cab and even rejected our offer of a free ride for unknown reasons. ???
On a side note, Sister made the right choice because the driver had B.O. I wound down the window slightly but he wound it back up :(
Brother and I arrived at the airport at 10.30pm. Checked-in the luggage. Walked around the airport. Nothing much to do ley. Shops were closing/closed and I wasn't in the mood for food. Found a Sophisca shop! So they have expanded beyond Taiwan.
We located the Changi Millionaire lucky draw booth to try our luck with Brother's receipts from his last trip. Was kind of hoping that we don't win a fridge now coz we can't bring it with us...
We met up with Sister to enter the Departure Hall. She said she's hungry! Ok lor she can go eat while Brother and I roamed the terminals. Happy that this time there's no chaperone following me up and down! Checked out the Social Tree. For you to take silly photos and post on the tree for all travelers passing by to see as well as your own Facebook.
The rest areas were well-utilized. I wonder if there will be alarms going off at random times.
I thought Changi Airport is supposed to be a highly-rated airport with exciting shopping to keep travelers occupied? The place was sort of dead so late at night. Got boring. Not much 24-hour establishments around. We tried looking for the cinema screening free movies, but we couldn't find it.
Almost time. I paid a final visit to the toilet and met up with Sister outside the gate at 12.40am, who was satisfied with just nuahing with TV and WiFi after her meal.
We had to board first. While clearing security, I was requested to lift my arms, which I couldn't. Odd that the officer was fine with not patting down those areas. She used the handheld metal detector on me, which didn't seem to have set off any alarm.
I changed to the aisle wheelchair at the airbridge. My wheelchair was going to be checked-in as they said they couldn't stow it in the plane :( There appeared to be some confusion between the auntie helping me and her colleague regarding my wheelchair... not sure what, but it's unprofessional to be talking loudly at each other in front of the passenger.
Got wheeled inside the plane and the friendly CAs greeted us with a smile. There's a very young and cute-looking guy! The auntie pushing me was not as pro as last time's ^_^;; Brother wanted to lift the seat's armrest to transfer me more easily, but it was stuck. Nobody could get it to work and they didn't seem to be sure whether it was supposed to be movable -_-;; Forget it then... just transfer. They continued trying and the armrest finally was freed. It was just stuck, very, very firmly.
No scenery :( But I'm supposed to be sleeping, so nevermind.
The CAs showed Brother the washroom, which was declared as "wheelchair-accessible". Well not quite. Basically, if I wanted to pay the washroom a visit, the CAs will have to join up the 2 adjoining cubicles to make it more spacious. Since one cubicle is already of below average size to begin with, combining two is still difficult to work with for me. O well I guess I still can't drink my fill. 6 hrs is manageable, but I dread to think about long-haul flights.
Oww so uncomfortable with my rigid back. Stuffed lots of pillows behind. Hope nobody noticed that I 霸占 so many.
01:30 - Up we go! @ SQ618
Leg 1 to destination, start! I'd never expected to be taking a plane this year, less now. It's so surreal.
Started charging my phone. After a serving of Bailey's, time to recline the seat and sleep. No movies allowed!
No comments:
Post a Comment